Up, up, and Away....gas prices!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waterwings

Reaction score
I had a 1/4 tank of gas this morning when I left the house, and told myself that I should fill-up (at $3.61 gal @ 0800 this morning), but cruised-on by and went to work. On the way home I stopped at Kroger and got it for $3.96 (after .03 discount). When I was younger I remember storms coming through the Gulf, and do not remember gas prices increasing the way they do now (if they did my dad would have been verbally "expresssing" his concern, lol).

SC just put out word that gas stations are subject to lawsuit for price gouging.Alot of our area is out of gas.We couldn't fill up because the area is out of gas.Won't be none until mid next week at the earliest.

ben2go said:
SC just put out word that gas stations are subject to lawsuit for price gouging.Alot of our area is out of gas.We couldn't fill up because the area is out of gas.Won't be none until mid next week at the earliest.

There are several gas stations here that have run out as well(so i've been told while i'm at work). Every one in town has been lined up since about 9 o'clock this morning. No wonder they're running out of gas so quick. :shock:

The funny thing about it is that oil dropped below $100 per barrel today... the first time in ages. We don't help ourselves when we panic and head to the pump.

Waterwings said:
dedawg1149 said:
totally politics [-X

....and the greed of the oil companies.

I say "C" ....all of the above. They're all in bed with each other. It's gonna keep happening as long as people continue to bend-over for it.

I filled-up today @ $3.85

ST

Although I've been venting about the gas prices rising, we shouldn't forget about the people on the Gulf Coast in Galveston and surrounding areas that will probably lose everything they have due to Ike and the storm surge.

Waterwings said:
Although I've been venting about the gas prices rising, we shouldn't forget about the people on the Gulf Coast in Galveston and surrounding areas that will probably lose everything they have due to Ike and the storm surge.

We're all in the same boat....us inlanders are just losing it alittle slower :wink:

ST

Went from 3.57 to 4.75 here today. News here said it was because of shutting of the pipeline because of IKE. I'd like to know how that caused the gas that is already in their tanks to cost more?

Gas out here in the far west subs of Chicago were still $3.89 for unleaded - that was at 4:00 this afternoon.

phased said:
Went from 3.57 to 4.75 here today. News here said it was because of shutting of the pipeline because of IKE. I'd like to know how that caused the gas that is already in their tanks to cost more?

That's exactly what my wife and I have been saying today! If they're gonna raise the prices, at least do it for the stuff that isn't already in the tank! :x

Latest posts