No fishin' this weekend for me

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waterwings

Reaction score
Well, I won't be fishing this weekend (Sunday) as planned. Thunderstorms predicted all weekend around here, but I ws planning on trying some bank fishing on Sunday, however, found out last night that we have a family reunion to go to on Sunday. At 7pm tonight we're doing the Color Guard for a home FB game, then at 6am tomorrow morning we depart on a 3 hour trip to an orienteering competition, and will be gone all day. No rest for the weary, lol!

dedawg1149 said:
sorry to hear it but good luck at the competition and have a good family reunioun

browndog said:
whats orienteering?

Map & compass navigation. Team members (students) will have a 3 hour time limit in the woods to locate markers using a topo map and compass. The fastest and most accurate punching of their control (location) cards wins :) . We've been involved in this for about 11 years now.

https://www.us.orienteering.org/

There's a competition at Deam Lake, IN in January we're gonna try and make :)

Bummer, I'm hoping to plan one after next weekend.....lol, hoping to make enough cash to finance a trip #-o I'm gonna get dad out if I gotta drag him :wink:

ST

I was thinking today that I might as well put the boat up for the winter, as the first 3 weekends in October I'll be involved in school events. I don't take the boat out when it starts getting cold. Yep, I'm a wimp, lol.

Waterwings said:
browndog said:
maybe i'll stop by to say hey,deam is only 30 min from me.

Cool! I'll be the tall skinny dude with a gray moustache, and constantly looking at my watch wondering if any students are lost, lol. :)

I could try and stop by there as well. I am up there about every weekend to get the new dog used to the water anyway :mrgreen:

shamoo said:
Good Luck Mr. WW, sound like your busy, thats why you da man =D>

Thanks :) . It starts this Saturday with 10 schools competing at our annual drill competition. I'll be in the gym all day tallying up the scores as the day progresses. I'm crazy already just thinking about it, lol
crazy_face.gif