What's the most time you've spent

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlimeTime

Reaction score
In your boat, on the water fishing? Stumpknocker & I spent 20 hours on the water a couple weeks ago. I'm sure I've spent over 24 hours on the water, by myself.

ST

I spent 16 hours cruising with friends.Around 11 hours fishing for deep lake catfish at night.6 hours just toodling around tossing lures at the bank.Most of the time 2 to 4 hours just fishing for what ever will hit.

Id say striper fishin in the chesapeake bay we left out aroud 5am, got back around 8 or 9pm, so like 15/16 hours, normally I bank fish no loner than 4 to 5 hours.

ben2go said:
SlimeTime said:
lol.....I see I ain't the only one who's nuts then :lol:

ST

Nope.Just think about all those north sea fishermen who stay out for weeks and months at a time. :lol:

I'm talking "our kind of" boats, lol.....not something with full living quarters.

I'll say one thing, comfortable seats sure make it alot more enjoyable
scif5B8.gif

ST

SlimeTime said:
ben2go said:
SlimeTime said:
lol.....I see I ain't the only one who's nuts then :lol:

ST

Nope.Just think about all those north sea fishermen who stay out for weeks and months at a time. :lol:

I'm talking "our kind of" boats, lol.....not something with full living quarters.

I'll say one thing, comfortable seats sure make it alot more enjoyable
scif5B8.gif

ST

It also helps to have a spot in floor you can stretch out to take a nap when needed.

8-9 hrs. longest for me, I like to start fishing when its just starting to get light and be off the lake around noon, sometimes earlier, you can tell if your going to have a skunkish day. :wink:

Today, I launched just before 2pm and we were out of there by 7:30pm so about 5hrs total.

I too discovered that it is best get everything ready the afternoon before, go to sleep early, wake up early, be in the water by 7AM the latest and be out of the water by 12pm.

Also, since my wife already made it clear that I won't be able to devote all the weekends to fishing, I have decided to take the boat with me to work every Friday and go fishing at 5pm until sun down.

You got to work around the old lady so she remains happy.... :mrgreen:

I started one morning about 4:30am till noon. Took out the little gas grill and heated up lunch then took a nap. Was suprised when the sheriff pulled up to check on me as he went by 4 hours earlier and I haven't moved. stayed out till 8:30 and went home. Wife was out of town so I stayed out all day.
WFFF

7 days straight for me. We only did a little fishing in the evening though. The rest of the time we were doing our Navy jobs. As far as after Navy life, I would say 8 -10 hours is the longest fishing trip I've been on. Most run 5 hours or less.

Latest posts