never gottem this bad

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishingBuds

Reaction score
CHIGGERS

man I'm tore up! put up some dear stands last week and woke up monday morning with the bites all over my ankles and legs :x

I have never had them this bad at all?

man talk about being itchy, crap :shock:

been doing the old remedy's all week, I yet see the light at the end of the tunnel :(

Treatment

Undress immediately after your exposure to chigger habitat and take a warm, soapy shower. Pay special attention to scrubbing the areas around your ankles, waistline, underarms and anywhere there are folds or creases in your skin. Wipe the "chigger hot spots" (ankles, waistline) down with a bit of rubbing alcohol. Have someone examine you for chiggers. Remember that they're extremely tiny, but if you find one soon after being outside, you can remove it before it starts biting. Wash the clothes you wore outside before putting them on again.

Topical Cortisone creams can be very helpful to reduce the itching. Chigger mites frequently lay eggs underneath the skin, and Lindane (Kwell), which is also used for head lice, can be very effective, as well as asking your healthcare provider for Permethrin (Elimite). These medications usually take care of the chiggers fairly quickly.

The only ultimate cure is time, since there is nothing you can do to dislodge the chigger's feeding tube, the true cause of your itch. You must simply wait until your body breaks down and absorbs the foreign object.

In the meantime, local anesthetics such as benzocaine, camphor-phenol and ammonium hydroxide may provide you with several hours of comfort at a stretch. Over-the-counter creams can also help. In rare cases, some people are allergic to chigger bites and require prescription medications from their doctor.

The popular home remedy for which there is little justification is to dab nail polish on the welt. This cannot "smother" the chigger because it has not burrowed into your skin, and it was probably scratched off long ago. The only benefit to applying a thick coat of nail polish is that it helps to remind you not to scratch the bite.

Taken from: https://www.todayscacher.com/2005/may05/health.asp

ST

Scratch them with a hair brush until they bleed then put rubbing alcohol on them. It does sting a little but hey will stop itching. I am a land surveyor so I have plenty of chigger experience. Putting sulfur powder on your shoes and socks or spraying off on your ankles before getting in the grass will keep them off of you.

Are you sure they weren't seed ticks?

They don't stay on long and are horrible around here right now.

Thanks for the info there Slimetime. Guys, I'm the outdoorsman too and I'm seriouse when I say that I've never had them like this? I will go as far as to say I've never had them but, surely I have, maybe a bite here or two-maybe.

Son of a gun they are ichty :shock:

Also makes me think about that I've never had poison Ivy or the such type ever, Funny stuff-you'd think I'd laugh and shrug off this stuff, but If I'd walk by someone cutting grass I'd need an inhaler or I'd die :oops:

Besides a couple of severe accidents I have only been rushed to a hospital twice and that was for grass cutting with no mask :lol: right when ya think your a tuff guy :wink:

so what a trip on the chiggers :roll:

dedawg1149 said:
kerosene wil kill them

lol, I used to have a buddy I was constantly telling I was gonna spray kerosene on his socks......and when he'd ask "why", I'd tell him it was to keep the ants out of his candy-azz :p

ST

SlimeTime said:
dedawg1149 said:
kerosene wil kill them

lol, I used to have a buddy I was constantly telling I was gonna spray kerosene on his socks......and when he'd ask "why", I'd tell him it was to keep the ants out of his candy-azz :p

ST

Lol, we used to say we'd put kerosene-soaked rags around their ankles for the same purpose, lol. :lol:

i use to hog hunt in fl get them all the time all you do is wipe it on them go wash it off you dont leave it on it will kill theme the first time

Latest posts