Competition results today

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waterwings

Reaction score
Well, I got up at 0400, met the team at the school at 0545, and departed at 0600 this morning and headed east to Louisville for the orienteering competition. Arrived with plenty of time to register, pay our fees, and get the course maps and plan the routes. Big turn-out for competitors today!

We took a 3rd out of 7 teams in the Intermediate Advanced (Orange Course), and in the Novice (beginner Yellow Course) we took a 9th and a 21st out of about 30 teams. Not a bad day with no equipemnt loss/failures, and no injuries! 8) . Next event is Oct. 11th, where they get to compete in a 4 hour course, then on to the State High School Championship in mid-November 8)

Not bad Mr. WW. =D> What kinda competition is this? What exactly does this involve? Courious my friend, you got my interest.

Thanks everyone :)

shamoo said:
Not bad Mr. WW. =D> What kinda competition is this? What exactly does this involve? Courious my friend, you got my interest.

A timed event involving a map & compass; referred to in the military as Land Navigation. here's a link to what's involved: https://www.us.orienteering.org/

Captain Ahab said:
WOW - awesome - where in the 'Ville do they hold this?...

Today it was at Jefferson Memorial Forest (south of Louisville off of I-65 in Bullitt County). Next month it'll be at the Bernheim Forest & Arboretum (south of where we were today).

Latest posts