UGH Ike hit us hard in S. Indiana

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alumacraftjoe

Reaction score
Remnants of Ike blew through today with sustained 55mph winds with gust to 80+. Louisville is about shut down with 200,000+ w/out power and they say it may be a week or more to get it fixed. I was lucky and only lost a shed, but am one of the few in my county with power. All schools are closed. My parents lost parts of their roof and have no power and my sister has no power either. I have a house full tonight. Hopefully all others on here in my area made out okay.

Jim said:
Glad to hear everyone is safe. [-o< The other stuff can be fixed.

So true. I hated that shed anyway :mrgreen: . I have not heard of any injuries so that is a good thing. I found one gas station opened in the county so I was able to get all of my parents food iced down and I brought them dinner for the night.

Glad to hear everyone is okay! 8)

Our power just came back on about 20 minutes ago. Went off at 10:30 this morning, so 11 hours w/o power. The shingles I saw on the ground this morning, thinking they were mine, actually belonged to the neighbor, the one who also lost a 25' tall Bradford Pear tree due to the winds. We went to Morganfield (aboput 45-50 miles north) for a family reunion and what a trip! Dodged a rather large tree falling as were headed towards my uncle's house, then we went through a small town and there was large limb across the street with a power line dangling from it. My truck fit under it so we kept going. Prior to all of that, we were on a road and had to turn around due to a large tree across the road. That was okay because I was on the wrong road anyway :roll: . Spent some time visiting with aunts, uncles, and cousins I hadn't seen in years, and then headed home around 3:30. The wind had subsided considerably by then. Got home and accessed the damage: The grill was turned-over (even though I had it tied to the porch railing, patio furniture strewn a bit, two sections of fence down, and half the roof on the dog kennel was missing. One of the dogs had his head sticking up looking through the hole. I guess he thought he now had a skylight, lol. Went to Lowes and got some plywood to fix the dog kennel roof, having them do the cut because I had no power to run a saw, returned home, removed the remainder of the old roof, nailed-on the new one, then put the fence sections back up, set the grill upright, then went to grab a burger and some coffee. What a day!

My neighbor went out a bought a $600 generator and ran it for about 2.5 hours....then the power came back on. I wonder if they'll let him return it? Oh, yeah, they've already cancelled school for tomorrow. Oh, the power company told us when we called them this morning that there were about 25k people w/o power.

my power is still out at home at 1:26pm today :x

I got roof damage and trees down in my yard, yea :)

looking to get some estimates :cry:

Glad everyone is OK, good luck (especially with the insurance companies..)

ST

dedawg1149 said:
SlimeTime said:
Glad everyone is OK, good luck (especially with the insurance companies..)

ST
they propably did better with the storm then they will do with the insurance companies

Exactly, these people act like your family but, when its time for coverage they are like dead robots-NO Personality :roll:

She told my wife upfront on the phone that we won't get No new roof out of this?? that peed me off, good thing she called them I would've lost it on them, accuse me of pocketing money I guess. man I'm older now with a wife and kids so I don't need no house troubles, Just fix it for me just like I pay for it :roll:

Well My electrics back on =D>

Roofers don't wanna give ya much time do they for an estimate?? at least thats what feelings I get from them, man I'm trying to let them know I'll use'em if it works out cause heck you ain't gonna catch me on no roof :lol:

I have a feeling this is gonna suck bad :x

As I've said before.....insurance in this state is one-sided.....for the insurers. Get your claim settled & dump them like the steaming pile of scat they are (especially if it's Snake Farm :evil: ).

ST

Yep still fighting them :x

Got it settled now but the check is in my name and my MORTGAGE name :shock:

What the heck man?????

Called my mortgage company and they said they would keep the money and pu ti in a speciale escrow(not even my own) and pull out percentage payments for the contracter and(get this) they will send someone to over see the job :lol:

I told them where they could put the check [-X

yep that sounds about like the insurance man they cancell you if you are late on a payment, and alot of times once you file a claim they drop you like a rock they dont mine ripping you off and taking your money put they hate to give any back.the reason they are doing that is all the ripoff artist out there that does rip them off so that makes honest people have to be treated like a criminal they aint . i feal for you man

You can see this is 10 years old. Up until a couple years ago, we'd had the exact same "do nothing" Comissioner, I'd spoken with her personally. Upon the recent administration, a Snake Farm agent was named as the new Comissioner.....go figure, the fox gaurding the henhouse :roll: I'm not sure, but I believe I'd read he declined the position....but am more than sure someone else was plucked from the insurance industry in order to "protect" us as insureds.......what a joke! Should be illegal as a conflict of interest.........

ST

wsj1.jpg

wsj2.jpg

wsj3.jpg

wsj4.jpg

wsj5.jpg

about three years ago a rock flew off a truck and busted my windsheild it was supposed to be zero deductible on glass replacement.they came out put a windsheild in .the bill to them was 250.00 about three weeks later they sent me a notice that they made a mistake on my policy and i owed them 250.00 i have never had a ticket or accident in my life well thats what i am talking about.to bad it ain't the old gun toting western days were it would have been legal to shoot someone who riped you off

5 years ago, I printed-off several copies of this, dozens of them, and mailed them to any office I could find an address for, including TV stations........guess how many replies I got back??? Not a single one..............imagine that, it's a rip-off, I know it, you all know it....any "they" know it, but no one will get off their duff to fix a crooked industry.......(in my Mr Rodgers voice)...."Can you say kick-back boys & girls....I betcha can"............

ST

FishingBuds said:
Yep still fighting them :x

Got it settled now but the check is in my name and my MORTGAGE name :shock:

What the heck man?????

Called my mortgage company and they said they would keep the money and pu ti in a speciale escrow(not even my own) and pull out percentage payments for the contracter and(get this) they will send someone to over see the job :lol:

I told them where they could put the check [-X

We had a water line break in my Texas house while my tennants (daughter and her family) were out of town. They came home to 3" of water in the house. House is on a concrete slab so no basement or floor joist damage. $22K in damages. Insurance did the same thing and my wife was livid until I explained to her why they did that. Insurance companies don't want to pay twice for the same damage. Just like her brother did years ago. Had a car accident and claimed insurance. Took the money and didn't fix the truck. A year later another accident and got paid again for the same damage. Mortgage companies want to make sure the repairs are done (they prolly own more of the house than you do). What would they do if there was an extreme amount of damage, paid all the money to you and you skipped town? Don't tell me that can't happen. Not saying YOU would do that, there are some people that would. They will pay it all out to you though. Just like with mine. I got all $22K worth of damage repaired for $15K. Once all the work was complete, all extra money was released to me. A little headache because it took 3 day to get the money but I understand their point of view.

Our roof estimate was $6300 so the insurance company wrote us a check for $3300. Deductible is $500 so I am wondering why the difference of opinion. I guess I expect the insurance company to suggest their repair company if they are going to under-bid :?

BlueWaterLED said:
Our roof estimate was $6300 so the insurance company wrote us a check for $3300. Deductible is $500 so I am wondering why the difference of opinion. I guess I expect the insurance company to suggest their repair company if they are going to under-bid :?

Did you ask them where the other $2700 is? If you've cashed/deposited the check......you probably just agreed to accept it as "payment in full" & won't be seeing any more.

ST

I have paid them for protection since 1996, had one claim a year later when a drunk driver ran me off a raod straight into a pole. other than that-nothing else.

so 12 years now I have two vehicles and an RV and house, also two life insurance on me and the wife for the kids. They have always called me by my first name when I talked to them over the years-but on the first day I needed them I have been treated as a Criminal :x

I mentioned that they could put the check repair in mine and the contractors name, No they said but, they still could put it in the contractor and my mortgage's name. STUPID man, sure put me in the middle now, peee off the contractor and he stops work, guess he thought I was an idiot [-X

I believe very strongly this claim should have simply been put in my name and no one else's for 1 all of the yearly payments they have from me and dedicated customer that I have been.

well this is what I have done and they could not stop me-bought a 30 dollar permit and priced all my material and cost, turned that in and I should now be recieving my roof check in three days.

Once I get it I'll have the roofer start =D> end of story

Latest posts