Canvas carport

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bassboy1

TinBoats Sponsor
Reaction score
For those of y'all that haven't picked up on it yet, I will spend countless hours, and many dollars making everything as quick and easy as possible. My trailer is/will be set up for maximum launching/loading efficiency. My wiring chase makes it easy to change/modify electrical work, I have a quick disconnect on dang near everything. My prep time for taking the boat out, and pulling it in are very quick, both at the house, and at the ramp. An onboard charger, and power run across the yard will almost complete this idea of maximum efficiency. I don't want anything regarding boating/fishing to be a chore, and want it all as simple as possible.

Now, after the charger, and tilt and trim on the outboard, I need a better way to cover the dang boat. Right now, I have a tarp with PVC supports, held down with varying bungees. Works pretty well, but it is somewhat of a hassle to put up and take down, causing me to sometimes leave the boat uncovered, knowing I will use it next weekend. But, I am tired of sweeping out half chewed nuts from where squirrels have chewed them up in there, and I know the rainstorms aren't helping the carpet in any way. Plus, I like to go fiddle with my tackle during the wek.

I want to know what sort of longevity I will get out of something like this.
I think I saw it for 199 at Sams the other day.
https://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?dest=5&item=102443
I live in North Georgia, so the Sun will be a factor, but snow won't. The place I would put it is partially shady, but does see sun part of the day. I really like the idea of backing the boat under, plugging in the onboard charger, zipping the door up, and being done with it.
What sort of life can I expect to see out of this, or should I hold out to when I can make a steel/aluminum one?

Be alright until we had a windy day like yesterday :shock: lol , then someone in the next county is liable to own it. Dig-up some used lumber (or timber) & build an A-frame, cover it with a tarp. You can buy eyelet kits & lash ends on it. Tarps are cheap & you can replace 'em every couple years.

ST

Yep.Wind will kill it quickly.Most of those come with a tie down kit,but it's not good for winds over 15 to 20 mph.I would consider building the same thing out of PVC and poly tarps.Drive rebar into the ground a couple feet and tie it down with some thin cable like sold at Norther Tool.We have green houses here that are built out of 2 inch pvc,in an A frame configuration.They have survived 50+ mph winds.A boat shed would not have as much surface area exposed to the wind as a green house.The green houses are 25'x100' and covered with thick clear plastic sheet.The ends are enclosed with wood because of the heavy ventilation fans and power distribution center.No need on a boat shed unless you wanna try to completely seal it.

I have had one for 2 years now.
Although it's still in the orginal box,not put up.
Bought it,when it was on sale...was wondering about the wind and the wife thinks that it is ugly.
Might put it up this winter.

Latest posts