Species Spin-Off Post

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlimeTime

Reaction score
From FishMongers post (about what you fish for). I was just curious about how many of you all will go out specifically to target catfish?

I do :wink: , but not opposed to going early to catch some crappie or 'gills, even if they're just for live-bait.

ST

When down in Texas with my in-laws we will go to the Guadalupe River and target catfish occasionally. Around here they are an incidental catch for me.

I'm in the beginning stage of fishing for them, so I've still got a bit to go as far as learning to locate them. My largest to date is a 15 lb channel, but want to more than double the weight.

I'm not sure why I seem to have lost interest in bass fishing? Maybe I'll give it a whirl again sometime (well, I'm sure I will). Sometimes it's nice to have a lake nearly all to yourself at night. Catfish are fighters, that's for sure :wink:

ST

Jim, was it a channel by chance?

WW-lol, you don't have to fish strictly for bass to have that ratio #-o

ST

I catfish and if you do a search through my older posts and fishing reports you will find photos of several "senko" channel cats. jim made a bunch of senko type baits and his purple was a channel cat favorite.

i now target Flatheads just becuase they get so much bigger - but the Channel is still my favorite

Captain Ahab said:
I catfish and if you do a search through my older posts and fishing reports

lol....yeah, right.....all 3200 of them :shock: :wink:

ST

I fish for anything that bites. The boat I just purchased will be used mainly as a catfishing machine with the occasional crappie/bass/sandie being chased. But I bought the boat for my dad and he fishs for catfish and nothing else unless the cats aren't biting and then we whip out the Wheaties and make up a few dough balls to see if we can at least catch a carp.

I have a 10' Pelican Bass Raider that I use to pond hop and strip pit fish for bass, and it has seen big water a time or two and caught a few catfish out of it also.

I mostly just stick to bass these days, however I catch plenty while bass fishing, senkos, spinnerbaits, rat-l-traps, swimbaits, they'll bite just about anything.

Latest posts