Musky Fishing?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bubba

Reaction score
Any of you guys ever go out after these toothy critters? I've just bought me a musky rod from one of my buddies and planning on buying a few baits to get started. There are a few bodies of water around here that have them and i'm hoping to get me one. :mrgreen:

you can find some pike if you get closer to the mountains where the waters colder. most lakes around here that carry any pike (there few and far between) where lightly stocked years ago, and they are haaaaaard to catch

MJPRICE said:
There are no musky near you.. :roll:
Got a few of those baits in last night for you...

Sweet! :mrgreen:

Still trying to find someone selling some used lures that I can use. People don't part with these things..... #-o

I don't musky fish, but I'm sure some bigger x-raps, bombers, and husky jerks will get you the same results as a $30 musky lure. And you'll keep money in your wallet.

Bubba said:
Any of you guys ever go out after these toothy critters? I've just bought me a musky rod from one of my buddies and planning on buying a few baits to get started. There are a few bodies of water around here that have them and i'm hoping to get me one. :mrgreen:

Go and search mtnman's posts, he catches muskies and other species regularly on regular lures ---- not the expensive "musky" lures. After readin his advise, I caught a musky on a 4" Rapala Husky Jerk, babby bass that he recommended - about $6.50 if I remember correctly.

I do my fair share of Pike and tiger musky fishing, I will be starting when the water temp drops around 60 degrees. The first thing is you need a leader. I started using metal leader and now I only floro leaders it seems get more pike with the floro leaders. Just beware that you still need to be quick with the hook set because a floro leader will last a few bites of a pike. As for lures mepps mepps and more mepps. the tandem ones are great and they do cost but are worth it Size 5 work also U just have to be quick. Also rapala husky jerks are must I caught my biggest pike 44 inchs off of a black and sliver HJ10. By tackle box has every husky jerk from HJ10 to their biggest size.The jointed rapala's work great too but get the Size 13. Also long casts and a lot of them and always be ready to do a figure 8 at the boat this year I nail 3 out of the 4 right at the boat. If you are not watching your lure just throw your money in the lake ;).... X Raps work too. the only other thing I can tell you is that retrieves will vary depending on the weather and type of water your fishing, also don't just reel in you need to add action to the lure. No fish in the world swims in a straight line ;)

Latest posts