Got bored tonight....(Musky Bait Box)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bubba

Reaction score
So when I left work today I ran to wally world and browsed around. I was thinking about trying to figure out some way to make me a homemade musky bait box. I came across a box thats made for "hanging files" for papers or whatever. It snaps shut, and got a handle and plenty deep for musky baits. So I got it, when I got home I had some old(big) tupperware lids that I cut up the flat parts and pieced together to make the "dividers". I "welded"(aka melted with extra plastic) the top and bottom joints to keep them still and i'm pretty happy with how it turned out. Gonna drill some holes in the top & bottom for drainage and ventilation. I put some short sections of "noodles"(foam floaty things) to raise it up abit more(raised it up to about 9 inches to the top of the dividers). So anyways, Here are the pics.....

DCP_0041.jpg

DCP_0040.jpg

DCP_0039.jpg

Jim said:
Very cool bubba! Great thinking! I found a new box for my Swimbaits. :beer:

It wasn't really hard to make at all. If it works nicely with the baits and I need more room, i'm probably gonna make another one. Although I think I will try using plexi glass next time and it won't have the foam pieces. :D

Pretty slick Bubba! Probably a fraction of the cost of buying something already made-up to do the same thing.

ST

SlimeTime said:
Pretty slick Bubba! Probably a fraction of the cost of buying something already made-up to do the same thing.

ST

OH Yeah! Prices of musky bait boxes are rediculous! I don't know if i've seen on under 50 bucks yet. Which is why I opted to make my own. :mrgreen:

Latest posts