which truck

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vaskeet

Reaction score
I am looking at 2 F250 superduties both seem to be in great shape the price is within a $100 of each other same engines and trim/options truck 1 is a 2004 4X2 supercab with 70000 miles truck 2 is a 2002 4X4 crew cab with 107000 miles. which truck would you pick and why I like the 4X2 on truck 1 but like the crew cab better on truck 2 both trucks are under $9000 thanks Randy

I would decide based on whether I needed 4x4 for winter driving or boat launching. Diesel, both should get similar milage but 2x4 would be better on gas if it isn't diesel, albeit not a lot.

Get a DURAMAX!! :mrgreen:

Just check over the fluids on both rigs good. if they'll let you drive it, take it to get the differential fluids checked. balljoints are bad to go out on some of the older rigs. also, if your getting one from the dealership, ask them if theres any service history

Is this going to be a work/tow your boat truck? do you need something that beefy? If you like the crew cab better, get it, cause if you really want it and you dont purchase it you'll end up regretting it.

Crew and 4x4 are nice. My last truck had the crew and the new one has the extended cab. I do miss the crew cab. I personally wouldn't buy a truck without 4x4, but it is winter here about 6 months every year so it is kind of necessary. :beer:

PS: I hope you own stock in an oil company. #-o

both trucks are 5.4 gas It is replacing a 98 dodge 1500 318 2X4. I dont have any problems with my boat and ramps. I need a heaver suspension for when I am hauling hay for the horses. 25 bales in the back of the truck weigh around 1200 lbs plus around 120 bales on the trailer at around 6000 lbs adds up to 1500 ram doing wheelies :lol: . I ride my kawasaki to work most of the year and I also have a old toyota car for bad weather. the truck may get 6 or 7 thousand miles on it a year so it is hard to justify a new truck when there are such good deals on used Randy

my work truck is a 99 ford 350 heavy duty.extended cab. I was looking at buying a new truck so it was nice to have access to a new ford and it did make my decision a very easy one...I HATE THIS TRUCK it has a horrible turning radius you can turn a tractor trailer around in the same area about every 10 thousand miles it needs new coil packs, rides very rough, gets horrible mileage.
I know you might be thinking i got the lemon but we have 110 trucks in our fleet all have the same issues most have gone through a trans. and a few have needed the fuel pump replaced (it's in the gas tank) ball joints have been replaced on all the trucks. Thank god i don't have to pay for all the repairs these trucks need...
I would give serious thought before buying a ford truck..

Wayne

I have a 2001 F150 XLT SuperCrew 4x4, with 90,764 miles (I just looked this morning) and have had no major mechanical problems with it. It also has the 5.4 V8 Triton engine. Gas mileage....it's a heavy truck. Did have the front psngr side window replaced due to a window track problem, and replaced the battery two years ago as I recall. Turning radius is large, but it's a long truck. Wife had a 2003 XLT 4x4 SportTrac, and we had no problems with that one either. We traded it last year with under 30k miles on it because my wife wanted a car.

Well the answer of which new truck is neither as I bought a 2006 ram 2500 4x2 crew cab cummings diesel at a dealers mistake :oops: price $13900.00 with 60000 miles. I found the price on his web site and they honored it =D> . I looked up blue book it is $22000.00. so for anyone in eastern nc Courtesy for lives up to their name but they would not give me a free full tank of diesel :lol: anyone else have a ram diesel Randy

Sounds like a good salesman, not a mistake. Either way you got a better truck since this one has a diesel. This is coming from someone who has a ford with a gas motor like what you were looking at.

vaskeet said:
Well the answer of which new truck is neither as I bought a 2006 ram 2500 4x2 crew cab cummings diesel at a dealers mistake :oops: price $13900.00 with 60000 miles. I found the price on his web site and they honored it =D> . I looked up blue book it is $22000.00. so for anyone in eastern nc Courtesy for lives up to their name but they would not give me a free full tank of diesel :lol: anyone else have a ram diesel Randy

Congrats on the new to you truck! :beer:

Good luck with it! :D

Latest posts