WW

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlimeTime

Reaction score
Here's what I've been getting the past several minutes while trying to log-in.........

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111) [2002]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

lol, now I can't tell you what any of that means, just thought I'd pass it along...........

ST

I was getting the same thing for about 10-15 minutes. I could get to the Homepage, but the Forums wouldn't load. I emailed Jim, and after I sent the email I got into the Forums. Everything seems fine now.

Yes, I am still waiting for an explanation from the host. When you see that sql error, usually means they are restarting the service on the box. Maybe backups.........

I can honestly say that an outage with this host even though more frequent than I want, lasts no longer than 15 minutes.

It's better now, my Valium kicked-in......hey, I was bummed-out :mrgreen:

ST

Just got this a few minutes ago when I wasn't able to post:

Failed to Connect

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at www.tinboats.net.

Though the site seems valid, the browser was unable to establish a connection.

* Could the site be temporarily unavailable? Try again later.
* Are you unable to browse other sites? Check the computer's network connection.
* Is your computer or network protected by a firewall or proxy? Incorrect settings can interfere with Web browsing.

ST

This was the response from the host:

Hi,

There was a temporary load spike earlier and we had to take some services offline while the issue was worked on. However, the server was not down completely. The issue has since been corrected and all services are on-line. I just went to your site and it appears to be loading fine now.

Latest posts