Forum Suggestion #2

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlimeTime

Reaction score
How about this.....an auction board for items donated to the site, then auctioned-off with the proceeds being donated to help cover site costs?

I've done this before, I donated several fishing videos to a site, they held an auction, the Admin received payment and I shipped them at my expense. If this was considered, I would suggest requiring tracking numbers on all shipments.

I'd also suggest something similar the the way I explained it. Say I donate a reel, a pic & (accurate) description is sent to WW or Jim, and they post it in the auction board, members bid for a pre-determined amount of time (maybe a week?), and at the end of the time frame, high bidder gets it. The winning bidder then sends payment to whoever (Jim or WW), and once payment is received (and clears) the "OK" is PM'd to the person who has the item, which is then shipped (again, with tracking numbers) to the winning bidder. Tracking numbers are PM'd to the winner, as well as WW or Jim. I understand a person who donates an item may not be able to also donate shipping costs....so those may have to be somewhat negotiated, but smaller items aren't too costly to ship in the lower 48, so some of those outside the lower 48 may have to be asked to chip-in on some of the shipping.

Just an idea to kick-around......see what everyone thinks, but it'd all go towards helping a great site.

ST

Latest posts