The Holy Grail

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlimeTime

Reaction score
Well, I've determined finding a good used trolling motor must be like the search for the Holy Grail. I've looked for weeks now for a used #55, 48" + shaft.....but no can find. Looks like I'll end-up getting a new one. Probably just get a transom mount until I can afford a remote control jobber. I don't stand well on 1 leg, so a foot-control is out. Heck, who knows.....the transom mount may be fine after I get used to it anyway.

I found 2 new ones local, #55, but only a 36" shaft....$240 + 15% off, so not too bad of a deal, especially for local, lol. Probably make a trip to Gander Mountain soon & see what they've got.

ST

I had the same problem ST. I wasn't about to stand and use a foot control all night, but I needed a bow mount for bowfishing. I looked and looked, and finally just bought a new one from Bass Pro.

It's odd that you don't see more for sale, it's easy to find a small 17-30 pounder, but seldom anything larger. Needing a slightly larger one, that's why I don't think 'll find one (used), even over the winter.

LOL.....I'll go buy a new one, then the market will be flooded with used ones, and at a cheap price #-o

ST

hold out you will find one, check your local pawn shops the way the economy is and it getting closer to the holidays people will have to pawn morei know it is sad but it is true.a transom mount aint bad once you get used to it

I can use dads, but it's only a #34 with a 36" shaft, it'll work, but it's sloooow, and "slurps" alittle air with the prop now & then. I think I'll just get a new one, buying used, you never know what you're getting....lol, and as "lucky" as I am #-o I've seen guys wanting $100 for a used #30-34 :shock: ...for another $10 you can buy a new one.

Oh I don't have anything against transom mounts, had lots of 'em. This boat's just set-up a little different. Remote would be the best way to go, but will just have to wait. I can always sell the one I'll get (transom mount) whenever I can afford a remote.

ST

Latest posts