What's up with people?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Popeye

Reaction score
I'm not sure if it's the economic news, gas prices you can't count on, the moon or any number of other factors but there are a lot of people that seem to want to spin people up lately. It doesn't seem to take much, a comment here or there taken just slightly askew from what was intended or inferred is enough to send people off the deep end. On a couple other sites I frequent there have been entire threads removed and others severely edited because of things like that. Some long time members are leaving the sites and others have dropped their posts to nearly nothing. While we are all individuals, and as such have different points of view and values, there are still some common denominators here. We enjoy the outdoors, we hunt or fish, we like boats, Hell, some of us even like telling long tall tales too. The point is that if we can't get along with each other and be civil while sitting in our own houses at the computer, how can we expect to behave in a civil manner driving in rush hour traffic? I really like this site and have only seen a couple threads start to wander near the edges of civility. I just hope it stays that way here, I'm certain it will. There are a few other sites where I'll just be reading the posts and contributing a little less to though.

{Step, step, scrape, scrape} Sounds of me getting off my soapbox. Sorry, I had to vent somewhere and the wife is watching Dancing With the Stars.

This is pretty much the one forum that seems to get a long 99% of the time. I've been a part of forums from paintball to four wheelers and it and this site seriously has about the best group of people.

ShadowWalker said:
This is pretty much the one forum that seems to get a long 99% of the time. I've been a part of forums from paintball to four wheelers and it and this site seriously has about the best group of people.

I concur, That is one of the reasons I posted here. I was pretty sure nobody would think I was directing this at them. If i posted this on te site where this has been going on, it would get yanked in a day and then one of the moderators would do 2 things:

1. PM me and tel me to stop causing trouble (or however they would word it)
2. Make a post mentioning everyting I did like it was their idea.

Mr. FH, this is the only site to be on bud, I've been on other sites also that arent friendly and in fact got down right dirty, people dropping in just to stir the pot, making up new screen names to attack someone. Mr. Jim and Mr. WW run a good ship, if they think a situation deserves a look-see, they'll be on top of it.

Your allowd to vent, we're a family my friend, but remember one more vent and under your screen name we'll have to put (the VENT-Ta-Later) :wink:

I whole-heartedly agree that this is one of the best site. It is amazing that there are so many posts that I can't read all of them and we have a relatively small membership. This other site has over 4,000 members and has way less daily posts. Must be the smaller sites treat each other more like friends and family and the bigger ones treat each other like in a city.

Here is a post that they recently had to put up.

We have noticed and have been having to move, remove and edit more posts in the past week than in the first 6 months of the year!

We at (web site name) will NOT tolerate under any circumstance, any negative, racial or sexist remarks on the boards!

They will be removed and your account stands to be made inactive.

Also it is not allowed to sign up on multiple accounts, the accounts will be made inactive and your primary account could stand the same.

If you have something to say that requires you to sign up anonymously, then maybe it need not be said!

Sorry Jim, I'll behave. :lol:

I've left a couple forums for the same reasons.Now I just visit this site and the metal detecting sites I am a member of.I come here to escape life,learn about my recreational activity,and share my limited knowledge.I find it hard to be angry with people on the internet.It's very easy to get confused and misunderstand someone's typing.Which can lead to anger management issues,but why.I respect the forum members but if I feel angry toward a member, I simply log off.I've only felt anger for one forum member,on another forum.That individual did not keep their word and screwed me out of money and the parts I ordered.So,I just ignored that person and avoided posting in their threads.I see no point in flaming another person on the internet. [-(

I am on a couple of hunting sites occasionally that have the same problem. People arguing about some random subject that has no real importance to anything, but it actually gets pretty offensive at times.

I like it here, you can ask questions, give suggestions, share your point of view without being ridiculed (spelling?) or chastised for your opinions.

Great site to be on and I'm glad to be here. :beer:

While on other sites the topic gets so far off it is nowhere near what it started as. It turns into a free for all. This site is laid back and you can bet the topic is pretty darn close as to where it was when it started. It makes for a happy chat room experience. Thank You, Mr. Jim and WW.

Ive pretty much made this forum my home, I use to go to others but haven't found any that live up to the content, and/or the characters from here. We got us a great little community here, what more could we ask for. =D>

flounderhead59 said:
ben2go,

Spoken like a true Southern Gentleman.

Thanks.

slim357 said:
Ive pretty much made this forum my home, I use to go to others but haven't found any that live up to the content, and/or the characters from here. We got us a great little community here, what more could we ask for. =D>

I agree and I have made this my main forum also.

Here, I feel that I can freely share my opinions and no one will try to force their opinions or views on me.

seems to me like everybody's pissed off at the government an they gotta find somebody to vent on

personally, i do all my venting on a coldbeer after work :mrgreen:

Now that you mention it, it has increased significantly over the last few months. I tell ya though, I am a member of 10 various fishing/hunting forums, and I tell ya, there is only one other one that is as good as this one, as far as friendliness goes, and it is a local one centered on one particular reservoir, where 90% of the people know at least 5 other members, and most of us fish with a significant number of the members on a regular basis. And, there is only 500 or so members, with fewer active ones. But, for a site that isn't local, where most people don't know each other, this one really has got a lot going for it. Nicest folks very little (if any) major disagreements, etc. I could keep going on.

Now, I am a member of some of the unmentioned forums that you (flounderhead) have mentioned in the past. Solely for, amidst all the crap, there are some useful threads, and better yet, one heck of a swap and sell section on a few of them. Others are more localized, and more fishing oriented than this, so I get info that just can't be found on this forum. One is a local hunting forum, and then there are the antique boat ones. But, most of what I do is read on them, and post just enough to stay in good standing, and then spend all my posting time on this one, and the one real good local one.

When I was into paintball a lot, there were two main forum communities. I was a member of both, but I posted on the smaller of the two 95% of the time. The larger one had thousands of members, and with that came a whole boat full of idiots. Obviously topics got repeated over and over again, And the only responses one would get would be "search idiot". Well the problem with searching was that if more than 500 members were logged in, you had to be a "supporting member" to search. Do you want to know when less than 500 people were on? 4AM if you were lucky.

Now the only reason I really checked in there were the classified sections, and a lot of pro level teams had forums there as well. It was kind of cool to be able to check up first hand on your favorite team, but I didn't really post, just read. Which brings me back to the "donating member" BS. They had about 6 or 7 really popular teams posting, thousands of members, and Reps from major companies. Their ads more than paid for the site. In fact, a lot of the paintball companies couldn't even get ad space, or it was too expensive for the smaller companies to buy. Figure out why they needed supporting members. So you could have a blue title under your user name and a star, thats why.

This is a great site. Not too many others like it. Thanks Jim! =D>

Some people just don't like having there toes stepped on...... :evil:

Me, I don't really give a care what anyone else thinks... :roll:

Good point FH.

This so far has been the best site, jim keeps it intresting with the contest, some might laugh at them but, a real person can tell how much time and effort it takes to put this all together-and for Jim to pick WW as a moderator shows more of what kind of a site he wishes to have(WW is great and down to earth, I can tell) this is truely a great hangout :D

The other forums turn into grade school stuff, OH, you'll get a welcome but thats about it.

Tin boats does another thing other similiar sites don't -they actually talk Boats and fish, other sites the "anything forum" is the biggest talk forum they got :roll: FH this maybe why its a turn off at the other sites -they are to busy talking about DOOM & GLOOM than whats really important.

I'm Done :D

Latest posts