My Pond is officially

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishingBuds

Reaction score
GONE! :(
DSC04611.jpg

My buddy Charlie misses it more than me
DSC04612.jpg

Sure could’ve used some rain around here

And it wasn't long ago you guys were swamped down there from the rain. Would be a good time to get in there & make it a little deeper :wink:

ST

Was the pond creek/river fed?That's like our area.I've seen over 20 ponds dry up this year.The biggest was about 8 acres and 22 feet deep.It's really sad to see them go.Doubt they'll ever be back.A lot of them have been leveled for ease of bush hogging.

Breaks my heart, sorry man.

Seems like it was a sweet little pond to walk to...

its about 1/2 acre pond, just an old cattle pond. when we moved in back 2004 It held water all the way to the top, center is about 4ft, the tall grass in the back ground was where the old barn sat, its torn down now and I still got some clean up to do there so I can keep it mowed. so i had only bull frogs a craw dads, in the ol'hole, it was over grown with cat tails so I put in a dozen of grass carp my first year here, expected that they would die off during the heat of the summer and was convinced due to no action from them, second year here my daughter found some baby(carp) about mid May, but no sooner than that we've had less and less rain since, so this is the outcome.

ST most the rain was always to the west of me, for some reason it always seems the storms split up right at the entrance of warrick county? It just seems, I can go to work the next day and always hear about how it peed and poored in evansville(about 40mls away) but nothing at my house, my garden was puke all summer long.

I've been questioning on the art of making it bigger like 2 or 3 acres big, alot to that tho. I know where i can get some asisstance on proper location for collecting rain water, but still need to figure out who wants free dirt so it can get dug :lol:

Oh yea my dogs loved it :(

Getting rid of the dirt shouldn't be a problem, just take what you dig from the middle and put it on the sides sloping it out into the field. Or with the room it looks like you have, you can build some really sweet jumps for the local kids with Motocross/bmx bikes. :D

Getting rid of the dirt and having it dug should not ne much of a problem - looks aroudn for anyone advertising "Clean Fill Wanted" they will gladly buy the dirt - or perhaps dig it out and truck it away for you for free.

Considering a redig?Any streams to divert a little water from?I wouldn't divert all the water just a small flow thru a 6 or 8 inch PVC pipe.

I'd have to rely on rain run off from the surrounding ground.

The clay will need to be a must, after the last two years of almost drying up the bottom was disappearing., so I'd say she's gone :(

Latest posts