Expecting some wind

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zum

Reaction score
Well a hurricane warning is in effect.
Think I'll pull the boat,in front of my house.
It's in the open,where it is at.What do you guys do with your boats when expecting wind?

Here is what happened to me in the last wind storm:

You can read all about it on TINBOATS: https://tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1624&hilit=mirrocraft

file.php

I didn't do anything when Ike blew through, largely because I didn't think about it. I was too busy watching the trees in my yard snap and hoping one didn't land on the house. We had gusts up to 70mph. Lucky for me, my 1448 was parked on the north side of my outbuilding and the wind was predominantly south when it was the strongest. My Triton was cozy in it's storage unit. I dropped it off yesterday morning to have a custom cover made for it so that I can keep it at the house. It will be my luck that another wind storm will come through and rip my cover to shreds.

I have heard guys in the hurricane prone areas put water in their boats to weigh them down.

Thats a good idea...put the plugs in let it fill with water
I don't think the foam will go to bad,just a day or so.
I have straps on the boat,might put the plugs in and get in the lee of the wind.
If it's still daylight when it hits,I'll try to get some ocean pictures.Should be high tide,lots of breakers.

I saw on the news this morning where it will hit your area. In the summer my boat is in the garage. In the winter it's outside in the rain and ice, but does have a cover and tarp on it. My wife's car goes in the garage in the winter.

I hope the wind doesn't get real strong up there and everyone fairs well.

Get a couple of these dog tie out things, a couple ratchet straps, that should hold down a boat no problem. For under 5 bucks each, it'd be some cheap insurance

AL00002.jpg

Latest posts