Howdy all!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheeseball

Reaction score
I'm new to the site and thought I would just post a hello. I must say I've been looking for a site like this for some time now. I just sold my Tracker ProTeam 19 - 120hp Jet, (yes, I am still mourning). I loved that boat but it was a little to big for the rocky shallow waters I usually fish. Also, my wife and I recently had our first son, so the cash is coming in handy. So, now I'm fishing in a 12ft jon my father-in-law gave me. Occaisionally when I'm out fishing I'll see the guy that bought the boat from me. I just weep as I bob up and down in his wake.

Anyhow, the 12ftr isn't cutting it. Just a little too small. I recently picked up a very used 1436 jon with a trailer and will be restoring and moding (I'll post some pics of it when I get the chance). So I couldn't have found this site at a better time. I've already found a wealth of great info by pouring through the forum. You also have some cool sponsors here. Blue Water will definitely be hearing from me. Those LEDs are the shizzle.

Captain Ahab said:
Welcome aboard

what do you fish for and where?

Mostly I fish the upper Potomac. Smallies, Channel Cats, occaisionally hook a walleye (but that's getting to be rare) and working on my first river muskie. I've hooked two big muskies while fishing for smallies. Both broke my line. Now, I've got the fever and out for revenge with steel leaders.

Cheeseball said:
Captain Ahab said:
Welcome aboard

Mostly I fish the upper Potomac. Smallies, Channel Cats, occaisionally hook a walleye (but that's getting to be rare) and working on my first river muskie. I've hooked two big muskies while fishing for smallies. Both broke my line. Now, I've got the fever and out for revenge with steel leaders.

I am so there with you about the Muskie - I now always carry a few steel leaders on my bag after my (almost) Muskie incident.

https://tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3360&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=muskie

Captain Ahab said:
Cheeseball said:
Captain Ahab said:
Welcome aboard

I am so there with you about the Muskie - I now always carry a few steel leaders on my bag after my (almost) Muskie incident.

https://tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3360&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=muskie

I have to agree with Derek777, that's not a muskie. I believe you have a chain pickerel there. I've caught those before at a resevour near by they don't get as big as a Muskie. Actually the one you have is BIG for a Chainy

Latest posts