Computer Help(my turn)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shamoo

Reaction score
I was on my computer, leaned over to get a piece of paper, hit something and my screen shrunk to 4" wide, but still goes top to bottom and my home page show on both sides of the shrinkage. I had Mr. bcritch trying to help but his coaching duties called and I was abandoned(LOL) so I'm turning to my conputer buds for some help. Oh, if I click the expander(the little envelope next to the x) the page gets bigger but if I click onto something else on that page its 4", Can I get a little Luv?

Are you talking about your browser? Did you try resizing it by the sizing handle in the bottom right corner? A lot of times an application will re open to the size they were when last closed. Try getting it to the size you want and then do a file>quit, not the X box.

I think ShadowWalker is right if it's just a browser window or other program opened in a window. But if you click on "the little envelope next to the x" does it become a double envelope ?? (see attachment)

When you say your "homepage" are you talking about your desktop ??

Attachments

• Full Screen.JPG
    Full Screen.JPG
    1.6 KB · Views: 350
Hey Mr. Doc, Sir, Yes I meant desktop and when I hit start, then internet Yahoo comes up but is only 4 inches wide(I can see my desktop on either side)than I click on the envelope and it gets fullest size and the envelope is doubled.

Bingo Mr. BassAddict, exactly. Anyway I can get the first picture back to regular size?

While the window is in your 4" view put the curser on the side of the window, youll notice the curser will become a left and right arrow, when it does just click and drag the window to make it bigger, this should solve your troubles. Good luck Mr. Shamoo!!

Mr. BassAddict=D> =D> SHUT-------UP =D> =D> YOU DA MAN =D> =D> Thats the deal, I'm not even going to ask, Thank you my friend. Thanks to everyone for their willingness to help, all I had to do was s-t-r-e-t-c-h it, WOW!!!

Thanks to Mr. bcritch for trying to help and listening to me try to explain whats going on, than having to repeat himself 2 or 3 times till I understood.

BassAddict said:
While the window is in your 4" view put the curser on the side of the window, youll notice the curser will become a left and right arrow, when it does just click and drag the window to make it bigger, this should solve your troubles. Good luck Mr. Shamoo!!

I'M A GEEK!!!! I KNEW THAT ONE!!!! =D> :mrgreen:

ST

The only thing you have to watch on that is if you have more than one window open. It will default back to the size of whatever the original window was when you launch your browser again.

Your welcome for the phone support Mr Shamoo. Sorry I had to run and couldn't help you to the finish. I think I may be losing my Geekness since I wasn't able to fix it for you. I think I've become the typical IT Manager (I'm no longer current in the IT World) :lol:

BTW since I was following along with you on my computer I now have the 4" Browser Window :shock:

shamoo said:
Hey Mr. Doc, Sir, Yes I meant desktop and when I hit start, then internet Yahoo comes up but is only 4 inches wide(I can see my desktop on either side)than I click on the envelope and it gets fullest size and the envelope is doubled.

Sorry I didn't get back to you on this yesterday Shamoo. :? But the boys seem to have solved it in my absense.

I suspected that your problem was exactly what it was. When you bent over to pick that thing up from under your desk you probably had your hand on the mouse and inadvertently clicked and held down the left mouse button. When you clicked that button the cursor was likely right over the side edge of the window and grabbed it when you clicked & held down the button. Bending over caused you to move your hand slightly and that is probably how the window got "shrunk".

Please be more careful in the future or you will likely cause some major world catastrophy clicking the wrong button on your PC !!! [-X :mrgreen:

Absolutely Mr. Doc, I will take heed and deffinetly be more careful. I did that when I first got the computer, blanked out my whole screen, no problem I just call the hotline, PROBLEM, I think I called India. #-o

Mr. bcritch, take the little arrow and put it on the side of your 4" wide box, than you shuffle to left, than you shuffle to the right, wait, i was about to break into a song :lol: never mind you know what to do, hit those computer books.

Latest posts