Growing Pumpkins

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
I am a gardening nut indoors and out, but next year I am goin to try to grow something....A Massive Pumpkin.

My goal is to grow a 150 pounder. :LOL2:

and then Im going to do this Halloween night

[youtube]riXIo0RJETU[/youtube]

My buddy use to enter his pumpkins in a contest, I believe in New York, his biggest was 200 some pounds. The contest place would sell special big pumpkin seeds, the leaves on the vines were as big as elephant ears and with all the fertilizer, well lets just say the ground glowd alittle.

shamoo said:
My buddy use to enter his pumpkins in a contest, I believe in New York, his biggest was 200 some pounds. The contest place would sell special big pumpkin seeds, the leaves on the vines were as big as elephant ears and with all the fertilizer, well lets just say the ground glowd alittle.

I don't like my neighbor much, so the more fertilizer the better. :LOL2:

I think you can inject milk into the vines.
Atleast that what my neighbors kid does,they grow pretty big(200+).
Some grow pretty funny shaped though.
Theres pumpkin races here pretty soon.They hollow them out and race(row) them.I've even seen people put small outboards on them.

My buddy grew this one a couple of years ago. I forget now what it weighed.

27661.jpg

If you start right now, you may have something built to fire Jims 150 pounder out of next year. :lol:

Seeds have been planted!

I got a few 300 Pounder seeds, a couple 100 pounder seeds and a bunch of 5-8 pounder seeds. :LOL2:

If ANYTHING grows I will be happy. And if any neighborhood kids steal them I'm going postal.

Jim said:
Seeds have been planted!

I got a few 300 Pounder seeds, a couple 100 pounder seeds and a bunch of 5-8 pounder seeds. :LOL2:

If ANYTHING grows I will be happy. And if any neighborhood kids steal them I'm going postal.
If a neighborhood kid can lift a 300 lb pumpkin I think I'd let them have it along with a hearty attaboy.
Good luck on your quest oh mighty pumpkin miester.

shamoo said:
Jim said:
Seeds have been planted!

If a neighborhood kid can lift a 300 lb pumpkin I think I'd let them have it along with a hearty attaboy.
Good luck on your quest oh mighty pumpkin miester.

Something already got to my cucumbers! :evil:

This is war! :LOL2:

Your going to have to stand guard, no guns, have your mighty fishing rod armed with a 2 oz. dipsey and we can see how accurate you really are.

haha i can already see jim on the news

"grumpy old man snagging neighborhood children with giant trebble hook for looking at his prized pumpkin"

Latest posts