Russian nagant m44?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sccamper

Reaction score
Whats you opinion of the Nagant M44? Local store has sale for $89 w/ baonet and sling. I dont hunt but wouldnt mind haveing something with a little range if things ever hit the fan. I dont want to spend alot of money on a riffle that wont see more than 40-50 rounds a year.

Jim said:
sccamper said:
Quick search, found Sportsman Guide 150rnds for $39.

Didn't even think of that.....We here in Mass are not allowed to order ammo from them or anywhere out of state. :BS:
i never heard of that ,who long has it been that way and why, if you dont mined

Been like that since 1998 I think. We had an assault weapon ban that was actually overturned, but some of these little BS laws are still in effect. Doesnt bother me too much because I have a buddy who lives in NH if I ever need anything. Plus all the guns I have the ammo is readily available.

dedawg1149 said:
do they have a law on the size of magazine like in california,are you allowed to own 50 caliber rifle there

Yes and no....this is how screwed up it is. You can have and buy high capacity magazines...and Carry if they were in the state before Oct 1998.

Yes we can buy 50 Cals here.

sccamper said:
Whats you opinion of the Nagant M44? Local store has sale for $89 w/ baonet and sling. I dont hunt but wouldnt mind haveing something with a little range if things ever hit the fan. I dont want to spend alot of money on a riffle that wont see more than 40-50 rounds a year.

I saw that ad too camper, and that rifle caught my eye. I remember a few years ago (more like 5+years) they had some chinese SKS rifles for $90. Wish they would get some more of those in. I would definately get one now.

Well I picked one up this morning. Counter person said they had 150 Thus or Wed and only had 20 left. Came with sling and ammo pouch. Havnt shot it yet. 25 rnds full metal jacket for $6.99.

sccamper said:

From what I know about Mosins (which is not alot) is that price depends much on condition, make and history. A Russian made Vietnam era MosNag may fetch more than Finnish Army issue WWII era model. Alot of variables when pricing one.

Latest posts