Competition tomorrow

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waterwings

Reaction score
Headed to the rack here shortly, because 0400 will come real soon. We have 10 schools (around 260-300 people) attending the annual drill competition we host tomorrow, and it's gonna be a looong day. The fun starts at 0700, so I'll be
crazy_face.gif
by the time noon rolls around. Catch y'all later tomorrow :)

Well, another long day ended for us around 4:30 when we left the school. I got there around 5:45 this morning. All 10 schools showed-up, and we kicked-off the competition at 8:30 this morning. I spent pretty much the entire day with my butt planted in a folding chair tallying up the score sheets. Judges for the event were local military recruiters representing the Army, Nat'l Guard, Navy, and Marine Corps. As if the recruiters don't spend enough time away from their homes/families during the week doing their job, they volunteered to assist us. We can't pay them, but we do provide them with a meal pass that allows them free eats and beverages all day. Another one down the drain, and a year to go before the next one.

flounderhead59 said:
And... How did you guys do?

Oh, we don't compete at the event because we host it. We used to a few years ago, and we won a couple times, and seems to cause people (only a few) to think that it's rigged because we get the judges. So, to stop the belly-aching we may march our cadets (time-permitting) but they're not competing for awards. There are other events we attend where they can compete for awards. :)

flounderhead59 said:
Those that think that, are narrow minded, insecure, jealous haters. But I can see where you would want to keep the peace.

Unfortunately, that's why we did it. The bad part is the attitude (view-points) of some of the instructors flows over to the students. I'm all about keeping the peace. :)

I bet when your cadets march(time permitting)they're really up for the challenge, I mean having a little extra step in their gitty-up, cream rises to the top brother.

shamoo said:
I bet when your cadets march(time permitting)they're really up for the challenge, I mean having a little extra step in their gitty-up, cream rises to the top brother.

Wish that were true, lol. I have mostly new students doing the drilling (it's all voluntary), so they're still working on their movements. Tomorrow morning there are 3-4 U.S. Marines coming in at 0630 to give them an "assist" with their marching. :)

Latest posts