Holloween

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shamoo

Reaction score
What is the biggest difference in holloween now and when you were a kid?
For me it is the size of the candy bars you would get, we never got those miniture candy bars, we always had the jumbo bars, plus we would trick or treated till 10pm, around here the kids have to go to the firehall where its safe. The reason I'm asking is that we only had 2 or 3 kids in the last 6 years.

Average about 30 kids.
We know most of them.
On a side note,they stole all my pumpkins last night...grr

It's normally older teens(16-20),they take them load up half tons and smash them on the roads:/
I thought I heard something to,while I was watching the ball game but then I just thought it was all those Boston fans slamming their remotes on the floor.

i dont think there is such thing as halloween up here in the bible belt. well there is 1 street in town that the young'nz trickandtreat on till around 9. kinda a shame, i rember bein a chitlin in florida trick or treat'n till 10 or 11, we'd head out with all our neighbors on the block. sure do miss those days

Used to go out two nights - day before & halloween night both. Stay out until 10:00 or so, get lots of big candy bars (plus some home made stuff and sometimes money (nickles, dimes, when they ran out of canday bars)..... Mostly home made costumes (burnt cork for charcoal faces, etc.). Carried wax candles for the windows of the houses that didn't answer, sometimes threw eggs/tomatoes at cars just for fun [-X ..... Now I'm talking about late 50's era #-o - giving away my age :lol: Oh yeah, always met up wit a group of close friends - girls & boys mixed. A little necking onthe side for the couples in the group :)

Yeah... I would say the biggest difference I see nowadays is back in the day we NEVER trick or treated in the daylight. It had to be dark first! As a teen we would do some outlandish pranks. :roflmao:

Latest posts