Addicted!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kentuckybassman

Reaction score
I have figured I am an addict to SALT!!
Even when my Doctor told me "Stop the salt" I find myself putting it on everything!
I think I'm worse now than ever before and I have tried all the no salt stuff (substitutes) and it just don't cut it!
One thing I have not tried is sea salt.....is it any different compared to the iodized stuff?
And should I use it instead of the regular?

I'm in the same boat (no pun intended) when it comes to salt. My wife keeps ragging at me about how much I use, etc....But, nothing without it tastes good??? Low sodium products (V8 juice, soups, etc., just taste like sh**t, if you know what I mean??? So, now Capt. says sea salt is no better either (good thing I haven't tried it yet anyway?? ) so, what are we to do????

I hope its a big boat, cuz I'm in it as well. I grab the salt as soon as my dinner hits the table. I know its not good for me but nothing tastes right without it. We do use sea salt and i'm sure there is no benifit from it. In fact It may be worst because I think it has a cleaner tast and I may use it more often.

I thought I was the only one who was salt crazy. :shock: If I'm eating something, its gotta have salt on it! 8)

My wife is the salt addict in our house, and when I use it it is very little. Her entire family uses the heck out of it! Maybe it's genetic :-k

Oh, and I got her to switch to the "Lite" Salt years ago.

I cant remember which ones but some medications react to something in the salt substitutes and should not be used together.Might be something to check if your going to use them.

Sea salt nor kosher salt is better than regular salt. The reason sea salt is thought to be better for you is because it has a stronger flavor, which in turn should make one use less but alot of people end up using more because they think it is better for you. Like eating twice as much of a low fat food.

DahFISH said:
Waterwings said:
"Lite" Salt

Man, I know its close to Holloween, but dont scare me like that. There really is such a thing?
#-o
Dont tell my wife :lol:

1/2 the sodium of table salt :wink:

11oz size:
normal_morton_salt.JPG

Does this Lite Salt taste the same as regular salt or does it have that "Blanty" taste like some of that other stuff?
Speaking of the different things we eat with salt.anybody like salt on apples? I can't hardly eat an apple without salt!
My other big hang up is lemons,I eat at least 2 or 3 lemons a week and yes,every single slice is covered in salt!!
That's where my wife throws in her 2 cents worth.
She means well and all bless her heart but i gotta have my salt!!!!!!!!!!She just don't understand why I want it on everything I eat and especially when I salt the stuff she salted while she cooked it and she says"I already salted that hun." And then..............well,we all know the rest of the story!! :mrgreen: :roll:

kentuckybassman said:
COOL!!
Now it sounds like a trip to the store!! Thanks WW!! :lol:
You just made my life alot easier,(you know what I mean) Thanks again man!!

No problem, but you might still want to take a sample taste if possible to be sure. Everyone's taste buds are different. :)

You probably got a point there.
Especially after all the lemons I'm sure my buds are gettin kinda wore down a little bit or something to that effect anyway!! :LOL22:

don't wanna throw a kink, but.............. what about the fake sugar (pink & blue wrapper stuff)???????????? any taste differences there???? Supposed to be better for you than real sugar, I guess????

Waterwings" 11oz size: [img said:
https://www.tinboats.net/forum/images/albums/userpics/normal_morton_salt.JPG[/img]
AAAAHHHHHH take it way, it burns!!

All kidding aside, I hate the whole "lite" thing. I will reduce before I replace. In fact I started last night, I didnt use any salt at dinner. Dinner was still good, we will see how today goes.

FishingCop said:
don't wanna throw a kink, but.............. what about the fake sugar (pink & blue wrapper stuff)???????????? any taste differences there???? Supposed to be better for you than real sugar, I guess????
Well I think there is a big difference.
Yes,it's still sweet like sugar but it aint the same that's for sure!!
I know that fake stuff is bad for a little bit because of the aspertame in it.
I guess real sugar is kinda bad for ya too so........I guess it's just whatever a guy likes. :roll:

Latest posts