Dang Rain

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pbw

Reaction score
Took today off work and Monday (4 day weekend) had child care lined up for the G. Wake up this morning rain rain rain.....Funny how I been wanting rain for my lawn but now I get it when I want to go fishing..... #-o

I hear you. I'm off Sat and Sun and was hoping to fish one day and till the garden under the other. Looks like neither is gonna happen now. :( Prolly have to spend time with my wife :shock:

Second that...

I also took the day off today, I have an agenda full of plans today that all have been canceled due to the rain today.

I lived in Gainesville for the last 5 years and I never participated in any of the local events.

Back in January I reserved this day, today, so that I would not miss this iconic event, the homecoming parade for the Florida Gators. But, the year that I plan to attend, that year has to rain on the parade...

So here were my plans for the day...

1. Last night, I brought the tools inside the house and rebuilt the outboard carburetor.
2. Early this morning I was to install the carburetor and test the engine.
3. By noon I had to be at the parade.
4. By 4pm I was planning on taking the boat to the lake.

Guess was, I wasted a day off from work, here I am stock inside the house trying to stay dry...

We need all of the rain around here that we can get.

Although not as bad as last year, we have been going through another moderate drought this year.

Our lake levels have been bottomed out for close to 2 months now.. which is about 3 months ahead of schedule.

I've got plans to get on the water tomorrow. They're giving rain today on and off and its supposed to clear out by in the morning. I'm sure hoping they're right.....nothing worse than planning a day on the water only to have them ruined by rain.

dedawg1149 said:
i like the rain i find a bridge to fish under

I generally don't start out if it is raining. Just because I don't want to. If it starts while I am out there I assess the situation and based on fishing action and rain intensity I determine if I stay out or head in.

this time of year if it is raining i go under the bridge and jig for crappie around the pillings good fishing this time of year i got 40 this morning

Latest posts