Home Made Rod Rack - Cheap

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishingCop

Reaction score
Went to the local Menards today to look for some clips or something to hold my rods against my garage wall. Came up with this: 11 inch long, four clip, very light spring action so it is easy to open-close. Bought three of them which holds 12 rods. Mounted them on a 1x2' and tacked that to the garage wall about 14-16" up from floor, then put some wire clips about 50-60" up from the floor to hold the rod tips. Worked like a charm. Only took about 30 minutes to get it done and was cheap and easy. Nothing fancy, no oak or fancy wood stained rod/reel holder - just plain simple storage in the garage for the winter.... Sorry, the picture of the name/brand of clips is blurry, but it is a Menards brand product...

Tennessee%20011#3.jpgTennessee 012#2.jpgTennessee 01#23.jpg

Waterwings said:
Cool ! Did you add any type of felt or tape inside the "jaws" of the clips?

Nope, they are wide open enought that they do not close tightly on the rod and, as previously mentioned, the spring is VERY loose o it holds the rods very gently...

LegBrkr said:
Hey fishingcop, did you get any for my garage while you were out? :D

If you want, I can pick some up and bring them out Saturday when we winterize the boat?? But.it will cost you dinner :) :)

Latest posts