Some Halloween memories

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Popeye

Reaction score
As Halloween has come and gone yet one more time I found myself remembering when…

I remember when it was safe to go out trick-or-treating as long as there was a “big” kid in the group. Big kids were generally 4-5 years older than you were.

I remember when TP'ing and soaping windows was as vandalous as we got. (Okay, maybe we would use wax on the window sometimes). The real bad kids would sometimes smash a pumpkin.

I remember when the entire neighborhood was decorated with Halloween décor.

I remember when Judy Meier (the biggest Halloween enthusiast) built a 5’ diameter Great Pumpkin out of 2”x2”’s, chicken wire, newspaper and spray paint and placed it at the opening to the “woods” and passed out candy dressed as a witch. Man, the woods was spooky enough in the dark w/o a witch tending her fire.

I remember the sheer volume of candy we would get in a small area.

Some of the candies I recall were:
Caramel Creme (bulls eyes), Smarties, Mary Jane, Bit-o-Honey, Sweetarts, Slo Pokes, Tootsie Rolls, Tootsie Pops, Salt water taffy, boxes of Boston Baked Beens, Ju-Ju-Bes, Necco Wafers, Bubble Gum Cigars, Good N Plenty, Mike and Ike, Hot Dog Bubble Gum, Kits Taffy, Sugar Babies, Sugar Daddy, Oh Henrys and all the bite sized candy bars.

i remember those same memories... but it was trick or treating in the "sticks" where everybody knew everbody.

now in Atlanta, this is the 2nd year I've given out candy - but the kids here are greedy. I wouldn't let them grab out of the bucket, one kid last night put his hand in while I was handing out to another... he got a quick thump to the head for that one, but he took his hand out of the bucket.

AW full sized candy bars absolutely the best!!! My pops had a scarecrow tied up to the tree in front of the house and for three days straight someone ripped it down, so on mischief night he loaded it up with whole lot of tar, next day pops got a phone call from someones father saying he owed for a new jacket, seems it was loaded with tar(LOL) Heres Pops respond :BS:

Latest posts