Krylon Fusion Plastic Paint

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

natetrack

Reaction score
This stuff works great.

I repainted the plastics on my 3 wheeler and they turned out good. I roughed up the plastic with 180 grit sandpaper and then smoothed it out with 600 grit, wiped everything down with alcohol and then sprayed about 7 or 8 real light coats on the plastics.

Paint is a little bumpy, but I don't care as it will be getting beat up in the woods anyway. from a distance you can't tell. here are some before and after pics.

Attachments

• klt250.jpg
    klt250.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 594
  • Three Wheeler 001.jpg
    Three Wheeler 001.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 365
  • Three Wheeler 002.jpg
    Three Wheeler 002.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 365
  • Three Wheeler 003.jpg
    Three Wheeler 003.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 366
  • Three Wheeler 004.jpg
    Three Wheeler 004.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 365
  • Three Wheeler 005.jpg
    Three Wheeler 005.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 366
its amazing what a little bit of paint can do to brighten up something... same idea applies to tin boats

It looks good but I would reserve judgement on it until you use it for a little while.

I have used the Fusion paint on a few different things and have found that it starts flaking off after a short while.

Maybe your plastic was far enough gone that the pores opened up and it will adhere better to it than to newer plastic.

I used to work for an automotive trim company, we did decals and pinstriping and such so i sanded the plastic to rough it up a little bit and then prepped it like i was adding a decal so hopefully it will hold up. if not i will touch it up a little as needed. it will get a good test this weekend out deer hunting. \:D/

Latest posts