Checking a River, Snapped a Turkey

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishingCop

Reaction score
Legbkr and & I, along with our respective spouses, drove about 2 hours to the Kankakee River (IL) to check out several bank fishing spots for some upcoming night trips (weather permitting) - it was 34 degrees and very windy today and we didn't wet a line, just checked out about 6-7 spots to fish from shore, have a fire, etc. We were at a Jr. College which borders the river and met this lady. We pulled up to talk to the security gaurd and up comes this visitor turkey. Came up to the front of my car and every few minutes, stretched it's head up to look at us through the windshield - pretty cool :shock:

The security guy said she has been hanging around looking for her four babies that went missing a week earlier :cry:

We watched it, talked to it, then Legbrk got brave and got out to take a few more shots (pictures [-X then it just gobbled away.

BTW, the fishing spots looked good and, if we get a couple of warmer days ahead, we'll try our luck..... for fish, not Thanksgiving dinner (which would have been easy today :lol: turkey1.JPGturkey2.JPGturkey3.JPGturkey4.JPG

ben2go said:
That's a fair size bird.You dressing her out for the table or let her strut on by?

Heck, I had two yankee women in the car with me - do you think I could have gotten away with making that bird Thanksgiving dinner?? Not a chance, she was so cute :roll: :lol: :lol:

FishingCop said:
ben2go said:
That's a fair size bird.You dressing her out for the table or let her strut on by?

Heck, I had two yankee women in the car with me - do you think I could have gotten away with making that bird Thanksgiving dinner?? Not a chance, she was so cute :roll: :lol: :lol:

I guess that does put a damper on fresh bird. :lol:

Latest posts