Float n' Fly Fishing

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bubba

Reaction score
Any of you guys ever fish FNF? I tried it for the first time last winter, but without much luck. Hoping to have a little better luck this winter. So do any of you other guys do this? I know G3_Guy does because one of my first FNF trips was with him. :mrgreen:

I grew up FN"FF the creeks and rivers throwing poppers for Red Bellies and bass. I was very lucky having a dad who loves the water and boats maybe more than I do. We had the Hobolochitto Creek behind our house which dumped into the Pearl River about 4 miles downstream from our house and the Pearl runs about 10 miles before dumping into the Gulf. We floated the whole length (which took 2 days) 6-7 times a year.

Specknreds said:
I grew up FN"FF the creeks and rivers throwing poppers for Red Bellies and bass. I was very lucky having a dad who loves the water and boats maybe more than I do. We had the Hobolochitto Creek behind our house which dumped into the Pearl River about 4 miles downstream from our house and the Pearl runs about 10 miles before dumping into the Gulf. We floated the whole length (which took 2 days) 6-7 times a year.

I'm referring to a different "FNF" than you are thinking. We are referring to the Float & Fly smallmouth technique for winter smallmouth fishing. Our "fly" is actually just a 1/16-1/32nd oz jig. :wink:

I use float and fly or jig crappie fishing. Set the fly at depth and cast. I usually slowly lift the rod tip and let it settle, then take in the slack.