Dumond Flies - WOW!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain Ahab

Reaction score
I recently placed my second order with Dumond Flies https://www.dumondflies.com/ and I am really, really impressed.

1. I received both order within a few days of placing the order;

2. The products look way better in person then they do on the web;

3. Dumond gladly made me some Deceivers and Streamers with a larger hook (I use them as teasers and to longline stripers);

4. The prices are great as well -- the Salt Water Deceivers are 6 color combos for $5.00

I am so very, very happy with Dumond Flies

AND NOW - the pictures

MVC-018F.JPG

MVC-015F1.JPG

MVC-022F.JPG

MVC-019F.JPG

MVC-017F1.JPG

MVC-020F.JPG

MVC-016F.JPG

MVC-021F.JPG

The white and blue deceivers are awesome, ive yet to land any monsters on them but have pulled in a few large mouths and two stripers while using them as a teaser.

The blue and white Deceiver is what I caught most of the Redfish on the weekend before last. You can't beat the price or the service.
The Reds would see it and flare their gills at it. It's like it would piss them off until they would finally attack it and I mean attack it like a pit bull shaking their heads.
I was throwing it by itself, not as a teaser.
Can't wait to get out again and try them on different species. 25-30MPH winds today.

Just a quick update - I have been carrying around these flies looking for a chance to test them out - stupid cold water has ruled out any possible use.

However, I am tying a few as teasers with an x-rap and a few other jerk baits and will be "water testing" them this weekend.

Full report 9with, I hope, pics of monster fish) to follow!

iam sure he will be glad to see those replys i have used his flys and most aii have treated me well i have taken them into several of the bait stores in maine and nh and they have all been impressed with them if all goes well i should be posting some pictures of them in action on sat

check out some of these new patterns I have been working on

Sawbelly
HPIM2751.jpg

Lucky 25
HPIM27571.jpg

and a couple more that I keeping under my hat until I've had a chance to try them out :wink:

Jim said:
Captain Ahab said:
However, I am tying a few as teasers with an x-rap and a few other jerk baits and will be "water testing" them this weekend.

Care to explain? I never seen/heard this......

No - it is a big secret :mrgreen:

You merely tie the fly (streamer type pattern) a foot or so in front or the lure - I use an improved cinch knot and just leave about a 16" tag end to attach my "main" lure. I It gives the appearance of a small fish trying to eat a smaller fish - which then triggers the big fish to eat one of the two lures.

Anglers have been using this in saltwater for years for everything from Stripers to Fluke. The key to fishing this rig is to do it slow or slower or almost not moving, LOL Reel in just enough to give the bait a little wiggle. You get lots of double headers so hang on!

teaser-rig1.jpg

I might have to try this my self, although i ran out of the blue and white teasers a while ago i think I have a few other colors left somewhere, and ive been meaning to try out my mc stick. (x-raps dont work im convinced)