"100 Skills...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Came out good in this - 3 years US Army, 1 year Vietnam; 10 years in the building trades, remodeling, additions & builder - all trades experience - during which time I was a hunting and fishing maniac; 30 years law enforcement; All these gave me a lot of experience/training in a lot of areas in my life (BTW, I'll be 60 in March, so a lot of life experience). So, I'm right at around 93 out of 100 that I have done or could do (only 5 I haven't done that I believe I could).

Three definate "no's"....

Tackle steep drops on a mountain bike ----- Definately a no
Escape a rip current --- ha, maybe 40 years ago
Conquer an off-road obstacle -- never did off-road driving, but proficient in emergency/pursuit/evasive driving?

Five possible/probables....

Escape a sinking car - never have, but know how to
Check trouble codes - never done it, but could if I had the little meter/computer thingy?
Use a French knife-- Probably can, but don't know what they are calling a "French" knife??
Ditch your hard drive - can replace it -- don't know what "ditch" means

Not bragging, just old and experienced :)

FishingCop said:
Waterwings said:
Same definite no's and 5 probables that I had. :)

Ha, you must be old and experienced too :lol: :lol:

55 yrs old now. 21 years in the Navy as a Hull Technician/Damage Controlman (Ret'd in '92). That job involved welding. plumbing, sheetmetal, carpentry, CBR defense, and shipboard firefighting. Oh, and lots of mind-numbing meetings, lol.

Waterwings said:
FishingCop said:
Waterwings said:
Same definite no's and 5 probables that I had. :)

Ha, you must be old and experienced too :lol: :lol:

55 yrs old now. 21 years in the Navy as a Hull Technician/Damage Controlman (Ret'd in '92). That job involved welding. plumbing, sheetmetal, carpentry, CBR defense, and shipboard firefighting. Oh, and lots of mind-numbing meetings, lol.

Okay, not so old, just experienced :wink:

FishingCop said:
Conquer an off-road obstacle -- never did off-road driving, but proficient in emergency/pursuit/evasive driving?

:)

I still have a little trouble with that one my self, This was last month at a local park.

IMG_2611.jpg

IMG_2609.jpg

FishingCop said:

Use a French knife-- Probably can, but don't know what they are calling a "French" knife??

Knock another one off this list - French knife is more commonly called chef's knife. I bet you know how to use one of these?

chefs_knife.jpg

Of course, we will have to add one for not knowing cutlery terms :oops:

Captain Ahab said:
FishingCop said:

Knock another one off this list - French knife is more commonly called chef's knife. I bet you know how to use one of these?

chefs_knife.jpg

Of course, we will have to add one for not knowing cutlery terms :oops:

Yeah, I think I could efficiently use that. Yeah, I guess "Knowing cutlery terms" is a skill I don't have :? :?

neat list... I never knew how many things I could actually do - guess that's what I get for growing up where you don't hire anybody to work on your stuff... all the survival stuff I got training on from my time doing special ops in the military... the only thing I have no desire to do is ... 55. Tackle steep drops on a mountain bike or 17. Home-brew beer - I can buy it cheaper and get the same effects

Latest posts