Eye glasses

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishingBuds

Reaction score
My eyes are getting worse and I hate it, I ware glasses at work but it seems I may have to wear them always :roll:

anyone know of anyone or had the lasic surgery(may not be spelled correct)done?

My scoutmaster/family friend had it done about 2 years ago. From what I hear, he is 100% happy with it. Me, on the other hand, am satisfied with wearing glasses all the time. They have saved my eyes on numerous occasions.

My Dr. said it would be a waste of time/money for me. I'm 49 and need bifocals. Lasik would only be able to correct one of my vision issues and I woud still need glasses, just they would be single prescription. Although I do know several people that have had it done and love it.

Friend of mine had it done also, and he said he's very happy about the outcome of it, i just got info in the mail about lasik, i wouldnt mind having it done myself...

I have been looking into it for quite some time now and I think I'm about ready to have it done myself. I just need to save up some money and I'll be good to go. I was very leary on it cause although glasses suck, I can still see perfect with them. If something were to go wrong with the lasik then :cry: I have talked to lots of people with all sorts of prescriptions and every one of them love it. One guy I work with was like me couldnt see his hand in front of his face, but he had it done and when he got off the table he could read the clock on the wall clear across the room. He said it was the best thing he's ever done in his life and I cant immagine what it would be like to wake up and not have to find my glasses first thing in the morning. I also cant wait to go to the beach after getting it done :wink: I was in St. Marteen this summer on a nude beach and while I was in the water I was missing out on so much :cry: The only complaints I've heard so far are dry eye, but that is mostly just from people that had dry eyes to begin with. And also light sensitivity, the one dude wears his sunglasses more than he wore his regular glasses. My suggestion to you is to talk to your optometrist and see whom he recommends. There are many places out there with prices ranging from $200 to $5000. My dr. recommended an excellent dr. in my area and the place was wonderful. I'm just trying to get the cash saved up. Work has that medical program where you can put money away tax free and then pay for dr. stuff with it so thats what I am doing. It will save me a ton. If I were you I'd seriously consider it.

My wife had the Lasik surgery, and she wore bifocals for a number of years. Due to her prescription, she still wears the cheapo reading glasses you get at the drug store. From what her doctor said, it's not uncommon that the Lasik will occasionally correct some problems if not 100% of them. She's very pleased that she had it done. I elect to continue wearing my glasses.

Quick story: The morning after the surgery, everyone that had had the surgery (about 10 people) the previous day had to return to the doctor's office for a quick checkup. We arrive at the parking lot about the same time everyone else does. All of those who had the surgery were wearing the large wrap-around sunglasses that they were given after the surgery. We were in the elevator going up and I told my wife I felt like I was at a Men In Black reunion with all the dark glasses around us, lol.

Oh, this particular doctor had it setup where family could sit outside the surgery room (glass walls) and view the surgery on a tv monitor mounted in the waiting room (and you could see your family member through the glass wall also). I watched the first "cut" of them laying back one of my wife's pupils and then I left and helped myself to some of the very good free coffee they had in the other waiting room. Surgery only takes 10 minutes.

My ex is an optometrist and she always said it was a very safe and effective treatment. But you should get the name of a quality practice from your optometrist or opthamologist to be sure you are getting to a good doctor.

Almost forgot.... it's not always a 100% fix as flounder pointed out. Depending on several factors, you may still need reading glasses. Also, some light sensitivity issues can be pretty severe, to the point of not being able to drive at night because of the glare from headlights.

FB,

As Doc stated, check around and make sure you're getting a quality/reputable doctor to do it. My wife had hers done (private practice Lasik doctor) in Louisville. If you want, I'll find out his name and the paticulars for you.

HMmm, well guys thanks for the input. has anyone got a round about price on this thing?? I know it depends on whats needed done-but it would give me an Idea of it say low to high? If not cool no problem.

WW I may get with you on the info, I'm still considering. thanks. :)

From Driverdogs earlier post.....

"There are many places out there with prices ranging from $200 to $5000."

Guys I had it done,it is the best. I reccomend it to all.Now I can shoot, play ball, work.everything hassle free.GET IT DONE!!!!

Ive had glasses since second grade and contacts since I was 13. It would be great not haveing to worry about contacts ect.., but I just have a problem with someone running a cheese slicer over my eye to cut open a flap that will never heal again.

Latest posts