Tackle Purchases

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shamoo

Reaction score
I get my tackle at 3 different places,
1. Tackle Warehouse
2. Bass-Pro-Shops
3. Susquehanna Tackle
In my opinion TW has the best selection, BPS has gotten stalemated, its basically the same thing year after year and Susquehanna if I want something fast I order there, if I order before noon I'll get it the next day since its only a State away, sometimes I'll take a ride to a little place called Blackwater Sports Center to see they have, they;re up to date with the latest tackle, I manage to drop 30-50 bucks each trip.

Mostly Tacklewarehouse for online purchases. Dick's sporting goods, Basspro and Cabelas rarely.

We need a tackle shop advertiser here for the site..hint, hint, hint.

I have about three places I tend to get my stuff most of the time....

Bass Pro Shops, I usually go here when i've got some extra money to spend, or need something like a rod, reel, etc....this is usually a special trip when I go as its about 1 1/2hrs away from me.

Gander Mountain if I need any musky stuff, and I sometimes check out their rods if i'm looking for one

And then there is a local place(Rigsby's Bait & Tackle) that stocks a descent selection of stuff for those last minute tackle needs. They've got about every zoom plastic thats made, plenty of rapalas, bandits, etc, good selection of spinnerbaits, and pretty well any terminal tackle I might need. And their prices on some stuff is actually about the same as bass pro, little steep on their rapala's, but anything else they are pretty descent on.

Mostly BPS and sometimes Dicks when I want someting right away. I keep forgetting about tacklewarehouse I'll have to give that one a try.....

I try to give my local stores as much business as possible. However, I love using that Dick's $10.00 a $25.00 purchase coupon - I might single handedly put Dicks out of business :lol:

You get 10 bucks for every 25 you spend at Dicks??

I drop about 30-60 bucks a month at Tackle Warehouse. I love it! They are all the way in Cali, and have gotten my stuff here (So. Illinois) in 4 days quite a few times.

Captain Ahab said:
I try to give my local stores as much business as possible. However, I love using that Dick's $10.00 a $25.00 purchase coupon - I might single handedly put Dicks out of business :lol:

Hey, share the wealth..... Can't find any valid ones, you got a secret source????? :p

Captain Ahab said:
ilinimud said:
You get 10 bucks for every 25 you spend at Dicks??

I drop about 30-60 bucks a month at Tackle Warehouse. I love it! They are all the way in Cali, and have gotten my stuff here (So. Illinois) in 4 days quite a few times.

Yeah - use the Coupon in the TB coupon section

IT IS GREAT!

Already printed - after I posted, I remembered and looked up your old post from several months ago in the Hot Deals section. It is still good until 1-31-09 :D :D
Thanks.....

See Fishing Cop there is hope for you yet

Now if there were a coupon for 1/2 off Dunkin Doughnuts. . . . .

Just teasing ya - please do not shoot!

Captain Ahab said:
See Fishing Cop there is hope for you yet

Now if there were a coupon for 1/2 off Dunkin Doughnuts. . . . .

Just teasing ya - please do not shoot!

Just watch it Capt... ya know how us cops love attorneys :p (even us retired cops still carry ya know) :twisted: :wink: :wink:

Unfortunately I dont really have any local places other than wally world (which just cut its fishing section from 1 isle with both sides to a 1/4 of an isle and one side) its getting to the point ill only buy rat-l-traps there as there about a quarter cheaper than anywhere else, and thats about the only good thing they have. As far as online orders I have been going with tackle warehouse lately, as they seem to have a few things bass pro shop doesnt.

I pretty much stick with Walmart, although their fishing dept has really gone down-hill lately. I was really surprised when thay started carrying the Rage Tail line. There are no tackle shops in the small town we live in, as they've never been able to compete with Wally World. I haven't made the trip to BPS Nashville in quite awhile once the gas prices started surging, but that could change since the prices are a little better now. For on-line orders of plastics, I use https://www.basssnacks.com/ for the Shakit & Finessit worms, which last me a season or two usually, and I've used the trial samples from JD Baits which are really good also. 8)

Ibuy most of my tackle from cabela's,barlow's,Janns netcraft. Sometime BPS for the type fishing I do Cabela's and the others have more stuff.I mainly walleye,sauger &crappie fish.

If I need tackle I will go to this little place not far from my livingroom it has a good supply of justa about anything i need (puts bps to shame!!!) the shipping is cheap they carry several types of rods they just got a new Kistler Helium LTA - spinning rod in today

redbug said:
If I need tackle I will go to this little place not far from my livingroom it has a good supply of justa about anything i need (puts bps to shame!!!) the shipping is cheap they carry several types of rods they just got a new Kistler Helium LTA - spinning rod in today

Of all the rods I have, I can honestly say my Kistlers are my favorites (besides my custom Loomis).

I get most of my stuff from Tackle Warehouse... but, I do get certain things from different websites. Here are a few:

https://www.redhottackle.com

https://caseplastics.com/case/index.php?cPath=24&osCsid=d3ae85492cb0b7900583290ec914399b -- If you've never used "jacks worm" get some. I fish them weightless, shakey head, texas rigged - they will outfish most plastics in my box when the bite is tight

https://shop.jbcoutfitters.com/main.sc;jsessionid=0D6BC8B5C0D55DD5ACF8EFA24D316C85.qscstrfrnt03

https://www.customluresunlimited.com/ - this is where I get some EXPENSIVE crankbaits... I have him custom paint them for just a few dollars more. But they last a while and he does the best job of any I've seen. My go-to is the Laker Pro-C... even though I just lost my last one last weekend to a Hog of a Log.... if the water hadn't been so cold, I would have gone in after it

russ010 said:
https://www.customluresunlimited.com/ - this is where I get some EXPENSIVE crankbaits... I have him custom paint them for just a few dollars more. But they last a while and he does the best job of any I've seen. My go-to is the Laker Pro-C... even though I just lost my last one last weekend to a Hog of a Log.... if the water hadn't been so cold, I would have gone in after it

He has done a few of my lures, But I cant get a hold of him anymore (few emails)...Kind of irritating. Captain Ahab has a custom TinBoats.net frog CLU did for me.

He also did a matching USA and REBEL flag popper for me back in the day.

i got a response from one of the girls that work for him saying he would contact me when if he had any questions about my design.... that was over 2 months ago and i haven't heard from them since

Latest posts