Dang it's cold!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waterwings

Reaction score
20 degrees here at the moment! Went out to the garage a minute ago and took a look at the thermometer out there. A balmy 36 degrees out there! lol :)

How many of y'all let your inside faucet(s) drip during the cold months?

26 here. Freezin' my @$$ off at the football game. Being in the band, we can't have jackets on over our uniforms, can't fit much under them, and we have to wear the band gloves, which are not made to be warm, just made to be as thin as possible, while still making everyone uniform. We actually had 2 girls go to the emergency room during the game. It wasn't that cold.

Get to leave at 5:45 in the morning to catch up with the rest of the scout troop on a trip they left at about 6:00 on Friday for. The place we are going tends to run 10 degrees colder than the house (great lake, could I take a rod, and better yet, the boat), and the mountain we are hiking up (Blood Mountain on the Appalachian Trail) is always incredibly windy at the top. Joy.....

22* here this morning with a windchill of 16 brrrrrr!!!!! Supposed to get up to 45* though :roll: My son and I went huntin yesterday afternoon and by the time the sun set we were freezin!!!
As far as the water dripping during the cold times of the year we don't now but years ago we lived in a mobile home and we did then simply because it froze up on me one time and I had busted water lines all over the place and it was VERY costly and a big pain in the backside!!!
With the house we live in now I'm pretty comfortable with leaving it off unless they call for below 0 temps then I will probably let it trickle a little bit.

It was 18 degrees when i made my way to work in the middle of the night. Probably got down a little lower than that at some point.

-2.2...around 27 isn't it?
4 inches of snow in my boat:(
Gotta put up the tent shed.
I've never left the taps on a bit,although I have a full basement(not heated though)

I drip the faucets when it gets around freezing just as a precaution. Never had a problem in the 12.5 yrs we've lived here, and I don't want to be under the house fixing a busted pipe in the cold. :shock:

It was 25 degrees around 7am this morning here.....now its a balmy 32 degrees... :lol:

not sure what temp is. but it is supposed to be in the low 50s at kickoff(OU gonna woop texas tech) and in the 40s for the game. headin out to start tailgaiting in an hour.

BOOOOOOMER!!!!!! SOOOOOOONER!!!

Currently the outside temp is 30 degrees, sunny with a SSW breeze of about 9 MPH putting the windchill around 23 degrees. Just about ready to step outside and start up the smoker for my Pork Butt.

1241.gif

Latest posts