Music?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bubba

Reaction score
Just wondering what kind of music you guys like to listen to? Here the past few days i've kinda started listening to older stuff that i've kinda always liked, but never really "listened" to in the past. You know, Stuff you hear on a radio station someone else is listening to, and you like the song, but never really look into them? haha Anyways, Older stuff....Wes(whj812) has clued me in a few bands that like I said, I had always heard of, but wouldn't really know who I was listening to if I heard them...haha. Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, Iron Maiden, etc, etc. I've been watching the "VH1 Classic" channel all day...about the history of "Heavy Metal"...haha. So i've learned alot today about that genre of music and who came first, and who played for them, etc...lol. Anyways, What do you guys listen to?

I am mainly into all sorts of metal, from death to progressive, but I also enjoy classic rock and various other music. Basically I will listen to anything that is guitar driven.

hard stuff mostly... just depends on the day. country when the wife is in the car, or her girlie pop singers - I've found myself singing some girl song, but the only thing I can remember of the lyrics are "I kissed a girl and I liked it, I hope my boyfriend don't mind it"... don't ask who sings it, i have no idea. I usually find myself turning channels when female singers come on.

Other than that, I listen to just about anything but rap. I used to listen to it, but it's getting outta hand now and I refuse to support it.

I am a metal head at heart. Not death metal or anything that is just screaming. Killswitch Engage and Disturbed are probably my two favorites. I listen to a huge variety though, and can find something from about every type of music I can enjoy at least a little bit. I delivered pizzas for over a year so I listened to a lot of stuff just to keep me from being bored. in fact, it was delivering pizzas that I learned to appreciate country.

I have one button on my truck radio preset to country, and that's what I listen to 98% of the time. Occasionally I'll tune-in an oldies (60's-70's) station and listen to it. Don't really listen to music at home unless I'm kicked-back in the recliner with the Zune going, and then I always fall asleep, lol.

I'm kind of all over the map. I like a lot of 80s and 90s hardcore like Flag, Angry Samoans, Fear, you know the classics. But listen to electric stuff like Stereolab and even techno like Yoshinori Sunihara or Kraftwerk. Some Fusion but more of the rock oriented stuff like Jeff Beck or John McLaughlin. Of course metal, all of it has something to offer, from Black Sabbath and Motorhead to sachrine bands like Triumph all the way to Mayhem. For mainstream radio music I like blues oriented rock like Jimi Hendrix, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Allman Bros, and Dave Matthews. I kinda miss the Southern Rock movement, what happened to that? Skynard, Molly Hatchet, Jerry Jeff Walker. Classic rock too but I'm kinda burnt on it, I can't listen to the Doors and only some Led Zep. Progressive stuff is okay but I don't know if I have the attention span for Yes these days. I'll listen to some pop too, some is good; Fergie puts together good songs and she's super hot. I could go on but I've bored myself at this point! :D

I listen to mostly '70s metal, Rush, Led Zep, AC/DC and to switch things up I'll pop in some Clash or The Dead Milkmen.

I listen to music only when driving. My station is Jack FM which is like greatest hits of 70's thru today Wife's station is country. Haven't bought any music in about 10 years and won't watch any of the music video stations. Guess I'm just a cranky old fart.

I listen to mostly to(country, metal, classic rock, oldies, rock,) i cant stand pop, or rap.
I use to like the old rap (tupac, biggie and couple of others.) but today its so horrible :shock:

Anything I can download except for rap, metal or top 40. My usual playlist contains Dead or dead family bands, classic country like Haggard, George Jones or Jhonny Cash, todays country (Big & Rich), 70's music (levon Helm) and some bluegrass (mainly Garcia/Grisman or Doc Watson)

Mostly Blues:
-Stevie Ray Vaughan
-Jimmie Vaughan
-Buddy Guy
-B.B. King
-Albert King
-Albert Collins
-Eric Clapton (Cream, Derek and the Dominoes, John Mayall and the Bluesbreakers)
-John Mayer
-Sonny Landreth
-Derek Trucks
-Doyle Bramhall
-Robert Cray
-Johnny Winters
-Hubert Sumlin
-Jimi Hendrix
-The Allman Brothers
-Muddy Waters
-Ray Charles
-Jeff Beck

Also love classic rock/before the 21st century ( :D ):
-Led Zeppelin
-AC/DC
-The Who
-The Beatles
-The Yardbirds
-Anything Clapton (Cream, The Yardbirds, Derek And the Dominoes, John Mayall and the Blues Breakers)
-Black Sabbath
-Pink Floyd
-Boston
-The Eagles
-Aerosmith
-Does Carlos Santana count?
Pink Floyd
-The Allman Brothers
-Jimi Hendrix
-Queen
-Pink Floyd
-CCR
-Pink Floyd
-U2
-Guns N' Roses
-The Ramones

Oh I almost forgot, Pink Floyd

Hard to find other people born in the 90's that share my taste in music :cry:

Wanna feel old? My daughter was surprised to find out paul McCartney was in a band. So she asked me if I knew it. I asked which band and she said "Wings". Told her I knew that and said he was also in The Beatles. She said "Who?" I said not "The Who, The Beatles" That drew a blank stare... :lol:

Classic rock add Rush to the list above. Older R&B and one rap song (I like big buts) not that I like them but my wife hates the song and I put the CD in her rig from time to time for fun.
WFFF

Okay, can't hold back anymore --------- sitting here watching the music awards - 30 minutes into it, I have no idea who these people are??????? but, that's not surprising given my age! So... I laugh when I read the previous posts of the members whos list "old rock" or "classic Rock" as their favorites...(and they are all from the 70's & 80's)

I also love "Classic Rock", but, my classic rock is 20-plus years older?? The lists of classic rock in previous posts are all 70's & 80's stuff - I never heard of most of them.....

I had a rock band when I was 15-16 years old and we played old rock n' roll and maybe a beatles song or two (they were just becoming popular then).

So.............. anyone out there remember the late 50' - early 60's - pre-beatles era? The original rock n' roll groups & artists that took swing & rockabilly & country into the original "Rock n' Roll" classics????? I also love the "English Invasion" of the early 60's, but my favorites are the songs from the late 50's & early 60's, non-English groups.

Just to put it in perspective, I would have graduated from HS in 1966, but I joined the Army instead and was in Vietnam when most my age were in college. I had older siblings so my knowledge of music was several years older than my age...

So... classic rock, golden oldies, etc., means Chuck Berry, Jerry Lee Lewis, Elvis, Buddy Holly, Ricky Nelson, Doo Wap, and a hundred other singles & groups from that era...... Oh yeah, Bob Dylan, Peter, Paul & Mary, Kingston Trio, etc., etc., etc., - I liked folk & protest stuff too (even though I'm an Army volunteer & volunteered for 'nam... - go figure - a protester & a patriotic veterean :roll:

Sorry........... I'm just old :lol:

Latest posts