Think You're Tough?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jim said:
BassAddict said:
WoW that is one tough SOB, Im wondering when we will hear from all them tree huggers/animal rights activists on this one though.

Read the comments below the article some of them are funny! :mrgreen:

Yea I was going to say that.

Well I belive I would surely try to do the samething as the guy did, thank God there was a stick that big and close enough.

Another thing is WHY ISN"T ANYONE CARRYING A GUN in the woods anymore? I carry around here and the worse thing here is a coyote or a horny Buck :roll:

I'd rather have to explain to the gamewarnden why I was carrying a firearm than recieve 60 stiches in the head #-o or worse

BlueWaterLED said:
Wow!!!! :shock: that dude should get some type of award. I say we send him with a stick to the nearest PETA protest.

He did get an award... he survived !!!!

I've been through that area many times. It's been over 25 years, and has been developed quite a bit since then, but it's still very wild country just outside the beaten path. You've got to be tough just to live out there. This is where 70 mile House is.....

Attachments

• 70 Mile House.JPG
    70 Mile House.JPG
    52 KB · Views: 566
I have heard that only a moose and a hog will finish a charge if not injured and/or you are not between the female and her offspring. I know for a fact that a brahma bull will finish a charge also. They say to stand your ground and look as large as you can without running away. My mind might be telling me to stand still, but my legs may not get that message if you know what I mean. It would be awful hard to just stand there with a grizzly coming at you in a threatening manner.

As far as him not carrying a gun, remember this was in Canada and if I remember correctly they have pretty strict gun control laws. Unless it was hunting season he wouldn't have one. Some of the comment as priceless and I saw some referring to the bear as a Black Bear. The article never mentioned the type of bear, perhaps the area this happened that's all there are? Not sure about how I would have reacted but I can see me getting some sort of weapon to try and equalize the situation. Wonder why the put the cubs down and didn't take them in?

The comments are scarry but thats why they find bells in grizzly scat, you have to fight back as running your just food.
Bears or people if you don't stand your ground your a victim. I'm glad I live where I do so I can carry.
WFFF

Latest posts