Christmas early 4 me

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Popeye

Reaction score
While at BPS trying to find something to buy so I could get my double reward points and extra 500 bonus points by buying something today and on Saturday I was looking at the Lowrance LMS - 522C iGPS 5" Sonar. It was on sale for $499.94, and that price includes the transducer. My wife told me to get it. So I did. She said I can't open the box until Christmas though. I asked if she would open the box and get me the instructions and she said she would. The darn instruction book is 239 pages long. :shock:
The wife picked out a few items for teh kids and grandkids as well as a new hoodie for her. Got me some Under Armor base layers and ended up spending over $800.00. Still need to do more shopping tomorrow. Gotta formulate a plan of attact for tomorrow though.

Got some reading to do now

Nice score

Gotta love it when the wife says YES!

Did you make a puppy dog face (works for me :mrgreen: )

Puppy dog face not needed. I just tell her that it sure would be nice to have but I can't see spending the money. She ask's if we can afford it and I say yes and repeat I just can't see spending the money. So she says get it.

Reading? Oh yeah, lots and lots.

Downloaded the emulator but doesnt seem to want to run on my computer. Have to read (more freaking reading) the FAQ's to figure that out.

As far as knowing how to use it for the spring run, I hope so, but never needed a FF/GPS for the chain before. Hopefully this will make my Salmon fishing easier though. Next is a Depth Raider and a 24 VDC Trolling motor. Wife says she gets the next big ticket item. Wonder if the new computer monitor or new replacement windows count towards that?

Nice grab

flounderhead59 said:
Puppy dog face not needed. I just tell her that it sure would be nice to have but I can't see spending the money. She ask's if we can afford it and I say yes and repeat I just can't see spending the money. So she says get it.

Sounds Familiar

Wonder if the new computer monitor or new replacement windows count towards that?

replacement windows ? Who are they?
This is me https://americanwindowandglass.com/ 18yrs :roll:

FishingBuds said:
replacement windows ? Who are they?
This is me https://americanwindowandglass.com/ 18yrs :roll:

Looking at Alside Sheffields and UniShield Plus made by Polaris and distributed by Universal Windows Direct. If only you was closer...

Pretty cool! But one word of warning. Do not update the software. Last year I saw an update on the Lowrance site and it screwed up my LMS 337c and I thought I should have the latest software. Well GPS doesn't work anymore. I thought it was something I did and I tried all kind of things trying to fix it. I later found out this software screwed up alot of the GPS units and it could only be fixed by calling customer service and sending it in for fixing. With it being out of warranty now they want $$. Sad part is that it worked perfectly fine up until that point. For christmas I getting mine fixed! Have fun with your new toy!!!

wow way to score !!!!!

now be sure to do your research on which map chip to buy.
you might be able to get a chip that will show the lake contour down to 1' with a high def map. Don't assume that the newest is the best when it comes to the chips.. I purchased the Navionics HotMaps 2007 edition instead of the 08 version I saved $85 they had the same lakes on both but the 08 added 27hd maps but they were on lakes i will never visit...

another thing you want to find is the re size screen window.this allows you too view you gpsmap using 75%of your screen and 25%for your sonar (all you really need)
If you really want to have some fun pick up the hot maps explorer from Navionics it loads onto your computer and shows the contour line for all the lakes there. you can take screen prints of an area or transfer way points to you gps. it's $20 and that includes one hd download..

good luck and enjoy

Wayne

Latest posts