TRAGEDY AVERTED… BARELY

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Popeye

Reaction score
Just want to remind everyone to be especially careful when driving this holiday season. I just got a call from my wife this evening telling me that our daughter, her husband and 4 grandbabies (ages 12 to newborn) while driving to Dallas from the Corpus Christi area, went off the road and rolled their truck and boat they were trailering. They were just 45 minutes short of their destination. ALL OCCUPANTS WERE CHECKED OUT BY MEDICAL PERSONNEL AND RELEASED. No word as to why they went off the road as of yet. Personally my guess is he got too tired (7+ hour drive). The truck is totaled, the outboard motor is gone and I guess the boat (a tin one) survived. Dumbass Son-in-Law, in order to save money decided to let the vehicle insurance lapse too. And my wife wonders why I would rather her fly than try and drive from Illinois to Texas by herself.

Andy,

Sorry to hear about your family's terrible accident. I'm so very glad that they are all okay. Everything but their health can be replaced and I wish them all the best and God's speed as they recover from their ordeal.

Joe

Glad to hear everyones ok Mr. FH, I'm sure they're going to be some sore bodies tomorrow, Thank God for seat belts and safety seats. Your family will be in my prayers.

WoW, sorry to hear about the terrible accident, glad to hear everyone is ok. And like Fishingcop said property can be replaced, but health cant be. You and your family will be in my thoughts tonight, and I hope everything works out well for yas.

Sorry to hear about the accident, but atleast the most precious cargo was fine. Car accidents are very scary, and can happen in a split second. Thankfully everyone was alright.

Man Fh glad to hear the love ones are OK. And your correct on being careful. Man thats still a hard one even tho thank God they are Fine. Hows your wife doin? I know how'd mine be doin(climing the walls untill she saw them all)

Those grandkids still doing fine right?

I'll say a thankful prayer for ya'all if ya don't mind [-o<

Sorry to hear the bad news. But like has been said before I am GLAD to hear the good news that everyone is alright! Most highway accidents there are fatalities.

Thank's for the kind words and thoughts. My wife, Jean, is doing okay (as well as can be expected from 1000+ miles away) She is going down there on the 18th of Dec. Just as a side note to kind of let you in on how this is affecting her. Nov 24, 2000 while we were celebrating our 8th wedding anniversary we got a phone call telling us there had been an accident and to go to her brother Tommy's house. We drove there and had to drive through the accident scene where her mother and 2 nieces were killed. Now we don't celebrate on our anniversary date but shift it over a couple days.

Sorry to hear that.....Things happen so fast....I'm glad everyone is ok Flounder.

FishingBuds said:
Man Fh glad to hear the love ones are OK. And your correct on being careful. Man thats still a hard one even tho thank God they are Fine. Hows your wife doin? I know how'd mine be doin(climing the walls untill she saw them all)

Those grandkids still doing fine right?

I'll say a thankful prayer for ya'all if ya don't mind [-o<
wouldnt the world be a better place if we all said one

wow what a horriable way to spend holidays!!

here in texas I heard if you are in a accident with no insurance you lose your license and cannot get it back untill the whole accident is paid for (dunno if that is just hitting someone else or what) Either way that is expensive!!!

Just got back...Glad everyone is alright.
Just put 1500km's on the car this weekend...there's alot of crazy people this time of year on the highways.

Everyone PLEASE be careful during the holidays. I'm glad no one was hurt, Flounderhead!!

This is exactly why I haven't been on the site much lately. Monday night a good friend and mentor was killed on his way to the marina after the Saints football game. Capt. Barry owned Breton Sound Marina and if you have followed my post, you know that we were at the marina just about every weekend. He had a very nice wife and 3 kids.

Our hearts and prayers are with everyone!!!!

Glad to hear everyone is okay!!! Just got back in town tonight. 500 miles from Memphis to Fort worth and had a guy cutting people off tryin to get ahead 1 car lenght to get nowhere. people do drive like idiots during the holidays that's for sure. I learned a long time ago... If you get tired pull over and at least get out and stretch your legs and get the circulation flowing again and some fresh air. That heater will put you out quick.

Latest posts