Truck expence

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shamoo

Reaction score
Might be thinken bout getting a new truck this ones starten to cost a little money, back in the summer time some kinda water line under the engine rotted, couldnt hold any anti-freeze, had to get it towd(big bucks) last month radiator had a crack in it, since they're made of plastic had to get a new one(big bucks) and now, front brakes and the thingys the discs go on had to be replaced, plus the brake lining blew(no pedal) and they had to adjust the emergency brake(big bucks) Keeping it would still be cheaper than a new vehicle.

Shamoo,
There are great deals to be made on slighty used vehicles just coming off a lease with 12-30K miles on them. Wheel and deal and make them give you allot for your trade in...even if you have to tow it in.

shamoo said:
Might be thinken bout getting a new truck this ones starten to cost a little money, back in the summer time some kinda water line under the engine rotted, couldnt hold any anti-freeze, had to get it towd(big bucks) last month radiator had a crack in it, since they're made of plastic had to get a new one(big bucks) and now, front brakes and the thingys the discs go on had to be replaced, plus the brake lining blew(no pedal) and they had to adjust the emergency brake(big bucks) Keeping it would still be cheaper than a new vehicle.

May be too upscale and not get very good gas mileage, but it's a starting point....

https://www.autolenders.com/used_vehicle_details.htm?vehicleId=4f5d41d54046381e00c90a0a0f47e481

Or, you might want to try the NJ Sate Auto Auction. The truck listings can be found here...

https://www.njcarbuyer.com/inventor...&_milesfrom=&_milesto=&_sort=&_advSearch=true

We have a new Chevy 350 coming for the 1989 2500 Silverado, probably Wednesday. The old one finally blew the rear main seal (presumably - the new engine was on its way anyway, so we haven't yet looked under it, after towing it home), after about 400,000 miles. Still an all around great truck, and much better made than the newer ones (can practically replace anything with a 9/16 wrench, and stuff is easier to get to), in my opinion.

But, if you are planning to buy a newer truck, now is the time to do it (well 2 months ago was a better time).

Shamoo, don't feel bad. I spent a lot on my truck in the past few months. Oil pan gasket, O2 sensor, Injector cleaning, and front brakes. BIG BUCKS (as you would say) Still cheaper than paying monthly payments + full coverage insurance.

Couple months of new truck payment will go a long way on maintaining the old one. But you can reach a point that it becomes a reliability factor. It sucks having to get it fixed up but worse when you have to walk a few miles then fix it. Not to mention that new or slightly used vehicle cost are absolutely sickning. Nearly as much as my first house. What a joke!

sccamper said:
Not to mention that new or slightly used vehicle cost are absolutely sickning. Nearly as much as my first house. What a joke!

I totally agree! Most new cars are a ripoff!

ACarbone624 said:
Shamoo, don't feel bad. I spent a lot on my truck in the past few months. Oil pan gasket, O2 sensor, Injector cleaning, and front brakes. BIG BUCKS (as you would say) Still cheaper than paying monthly payments + full coverage insurance.

Thats my thought also, I'm just leary of something happening when towing the boat.(only had it out once this year). I was thinking of maybe getting one of those Jasper rebuilt jobbies, or a crate engine. I'm sorta ok with everything now, we'll see.

what kind of rig you drivin shamoo?

Go with the Nissan Titan
[-X

i got my truck (a 05 silverado 1500) for 4 grand under the bluebook, because it was a lease turn in the dealership didnt want to fool with. they usually just holesale them or send em to the auction.

if your in the mood to get a new truck, you can get some kickass deals on the leftover 07's rite now. they sold a brand spankin new fully loaded heavy chevy for 16,000 somethin here last week. the dealerships have lost so much money from them sittin on the lot they're practically let'n um go for what they have in um

Loggerhead Mike said:

Go with the Nissan Titan
[-X

Inside Joke thus the wink :wink:

We could probably start a whole different thread listing the pros & cons with buying American Trucks so I won't go there. There's definitely good and bad with both.

Loggerhead Mike said:

Go with the Nissan Titan
[-X

i got my truck (a 05 silverado 1500) for 4 grand under the bluebook, because it was a lease turn in the dealership didnt want to fool with. they usually just holesale them or send em to the auction.

if your in the mood to get a new truck, you can get some kickass deals on the leftover 07's rite now. they sold a brand spankin new fully loaded heavy chevy for 16,000 somethin here last week. the dealerships have lost so much money from them sittin on the lot they're practically let'n um go for what they have in um

I'm driving a 98 ford f150, short bed, small 8, not sure i want to keep dumping money into it.

Latest posts