Bowing to Roland

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BensalemAngler

Reaction score
Well after 2 years of denying my son a Fishing Rocket, backed by non other than Roland Martin, I am letting my in laws buy it for him for Christmas. My son is 4 and I have spent the last 2 years teaching him how to cast, retrieve, and set the hook. Now that will all be lost b/c of some new thing.

He has wanted it for some time, who doesn't, shooting a hook out of a gun come on. We went fishing about every 10 days or so from the spring until Sept. I would like to go everyday and i feel if he has this rocket thing he will at least want to go every other day or so.

So here's to selling out to Roland and all the crap he endorses.

Attachments

• rocketfishrod_157133012_std.jpg
    rocketfishrod_157133012_std.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 355
Fishing with the kids is more about the quality of time spent with them than the quantity of time. But I'm sure you already knew that. With that in mind, you can possibly get the best of both with this new gadget. Make sure you bring the "real" fishing poles with when you bring the rocket launcher. So that way when it fails to live up to its appeal, you can still spend time together catching fish. I would have pointed out this thing is for kids ages 8 and up and as such may prove to be too difficult for a 4 year old to handle or enjoy. Of course that could work to your advantage as he might actually prefer to fish, than rain terror on the fish from the skies. I wouldn't fret dad, catching is more fun than casting. Which do you think the rocker launcher is better at?

My son got one of those earlier this year. What a piece of junk. It got a little dirt in it and it stopped working.

I taught my son(7) how to cast one of my spinning rods and he is very good at it.... better than using a spincaster.

Its a lot of fun watching the kids enjoy fishing like I enjoy it. Its all about family and good times!

I am so stoked for spring. My son will be hitting four this spring and ready for some more fishing. Don't get me wrong he loves it, but it will definately be getting better as he gets older. I was just telling my wife that I need to find a fishing buddy as crazy as I am to get out and fish this winter and try new things. The thought just occured to me that I am raising one!

I know what you mean.

I never fished until my son was born. No one ever took me. When my wife was pregnant I spend the first 3 months trying to figure out something for me and my baby to do. When I was younger my Dad would take me to the race track to watch the horses. I loved going there and it was not b/c of the horses b/c I knew it was Dad and me time. So after thinking and then seeing a picture of a dad and his son fishing I was like that is it, that is what we will do.

So at the ripe old age of 31 I started to teach myself how to fish. What I did not bargin on was that I would love it so much and it would consume most of my waking hours. At two I got him a scobby doo fishing pole and we would cast from the living room to the dinning room. We did this most of the winter. Come spring when he turned 3 we went out on father's day and he caught his fish 15 fish.

It was exciting all the work I put into learning, then teaching him and then have it all come together was and still is wonderful. Like I said I do not want the fishing rocket but it is something that he will want to do more often with his old man.

Here is his first fish. Thanks for listening...

Attachments

• DannyFirst.jpg
    DannyFirst.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 265
One thing to take comfort in is the fishing rocket is most definately a toy. You know how kids are with toys. He will love and leave it..... and get back to fishing!

Latest posts