New Home Page

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shootisttx

Reaction score
Jim, don't worry about the new home page. Actually, I think I like it better...very clean and easy to see what'e there. And thanks for all you do to make this site one of the best I have seen. Every day, I always come here first!

when did you change the home page? I just noticed it earlier today when i kept getting "page not found" in the browser... I had to restart and it finally came up. I like the look, it's cool.

I agree with shootisttx, This is the first page that opens during the day, stays open ALL day, ALL night, then the last page I close right before bed...

I just changed it couple of hours ago. Its not as pretty, but allot more functional, It is very easy to update as opposed to downloading, editing, testing, uploading, renaming.........blah blah blah. We will see how it goes and decide if it is the route we should take going forward.

I actually think I like the format better than what was there. Maybe just a bit of color in the top banner for the background? Something similiar to the same color-scheme the forum has? I also like that Tinboats.net design(with the boat and everything) you got in there too. :beer:

No complaints here.I spend most my time on the forums.It's good to have the sponsors listed on the front page.Even if someone doesn't join us maybe they consider a purchase from one of our fine sponsors.

Jim, I should have something coming for you before the evening is over. I know you asked for it way back with the last change, but I have actually gotten it. Keep an eye out on your email/PMs.

bassboy1 said:
Jim, I should have something coming for you before the evening is over. I know you asked for it way back with the last change, but I have actually gotten it. Keep an eye out on your email/PMs.

Very cool bassboy1! :beer: <-- Soda :LOL2:

Okay, I'm a bad tin boater. I didn't know the homepage changed. As a matter of fact, I don't know what the old one looked like. The shortcut I use in my favorites is to the forum page. That way I'm right at the board index page and then I look for new posts. I read about 90% of the new posts each and every day (unless I have no internet access obviously). So, I went and looked at the new home page and in my opinion it is very clean and organized.

Shame on me too :oops:

I saved to active topics to my favorites, so I constantly skip the homepage, I believe at work it loaded up on me but I clicked off it cause I thought I popped on something else on accident.

It looks good, I'd say a mature look to it, it seems to calm me when I stare at it :wink:

havent been on in a while. i like it. looks good. :mrgreen: =D> ... still havent taken my jon out yet. got it in march too! lol. i have been spending too much time on my jeep. making it look good for the ladies. OOO YEAA... =P~ :wink: 8) hahaha

Tompatt said:
havent been on in a while. i like it. looks good. :mrgreen: =D> ... still havent taken my jon out yet. got it in march too! lol. i have been spending too much time on my jeep. making it look good for the ladies. OOO YEAA... =P~ :wink: 8) hahaha

Shoulda gotten a chevy. Wouldn't have to do much to it for the ladies to like it. :wink:

Oh, listen to me. This is coming from the guy who had a brand new crate 350 delivered Thursday evening to replace the old engine (old one had 400,000 miles, don't rag me too hard). #-o

It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand. Previous Jeep owner here, had a '99 Wrangeler Sport. There are more toys and attachments available for a Jeep than any other vehicle I think.

Hey Jim I love the new home page. It is simple and to the point. =D>

flounderhead59 said:
It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand. Previous Jeep owner here, had a '99 Wrangeler Sport. There are more toys and attachments available for a Jeep than any other vehicle I think.

I am finding that out. I was forced to buy a vehical on Thur., long story short my company after 18 years of service and 12 years of having a company truck (I was told "you dont need your other truck, you have this now, sell yours") is cutting cost and payrole. From what I understand If I was not on the Family Ins. plan I may still have my job today. But anyway I bought a 1994 Jeep Wangler 4L 6cyl. soft top. and can not keep my nose out of the J.C. Whitney catalog :lol:

and when you drive down the road, other Jeepers wave at you all th etime. Only other group of drivers that do that are Harley riders. Well, school bus drivers do too. but...

flounderhead59 said:
Okay, I'm a bad tin boater. I didn't know the homepage changed. As a matter of fact, I don't know what the old one looked like. The shortcut I use in my favorites is to the forum page. That way I'm right at the board index page and then I look for new posts. I read about 90% of the new posts each and every day (unless I have no internet access obviously). So, I went and looked at the new home page and in my opinion it is very clean and organized.

Exactly what I do. I think the home page is more organized than before but only new visitors will see it on a regular basis. I could be wrong.

flounderhead59 said:
and when you drive down the road, other Jeepers wave at you all th etime. Only other group of drivers that do that are Harley riders. Well, school bus drivers do too. but...

Yep.I owned a 1974 CJ5 with a 1 piece body tub,solid tail with no tail gate,and the fenders were made with the body sides.It was only done on a few to see if it would be a feasible way to cut cost.Tremic T15 tranny with a dana 20 transfer case running dana 18 gears.Built dana 35 front axle,built dana 44 rear axle,33 inch super swampers,3inch suspension lift,and a built AMC 304 to terrorize the drive train.I also had a full cage and 5 point seat belts.I loved my Jeep even if it was highly modified.It took me every where I wanted to go off road.

Oh,I get the finger from Harley riders because I ride a sport bike. :LOL2:

DahFISH said:
Hey Jim I love the new home page. It is simple and to the point. =D>

flounderhead59 said:

I am finding that out. I was forced to buy a vehical on Thur., long story short my company after 18 years of service and 12 years of having a company truck (I was told "you dont need your other truck, you have this now, sell yours") is cutting cost and payrole. From what I understand If I was not on the Family Ins. plan I may still have my job today. But anyway I bought a 1994 Jeep Wangler 4L 6cyl. soft top. and can not keep my nose out of the J.C. Whitney catalog :lol:

The jeep wave is awesome. haha. mines an 1987 jeep yj. 4.2L 6 cyl..... dude.. killer deal on a 4" lift.. its $299 for today and tommorrow only. and get out of that J.C. whitney catalog.. they are expensive. lol.

Latest posts