Christmas Wish list....The Kids (not safe for kids LOL!)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Some funny things I encounter being a dad. I love the excitement surrounding the kids knowing that Santa is coming.

But being a parent, there is no manual on how to do things, so you learn as you go I guess. :D

I learned never to use the same wrapping paper that Santa brings the gifts in for all the other gifts that are under the tree before Christmas eve. #-o

I also learned that you need to be creative with the questions that you will encounter....

Dad, we don't have a chimney, How does Santa get in? Or now...Dad, How does Santa get in if the fire is lit in the fireplace? How does he fit in that little door (fireplace insert).

So now the mini rant......

Why do kids want things that manufacturers don't supply enough of?

This year my son wants Bakugan..Anyone heard of these things? RIDICULOUS!
Little plastic magnetic balls that open up into a character when magnetized.
All the stores are empty as usual.

Same thing my son wants as well. I wonder if he'd notice if I re-wrapped up some of the ones he already has at the bottom of the toy box :mrgreen: By the way I got the question about not having a chimney from my 7yr. old just the other day.

here's a lesson, be quite when you bring the gifts out to lay them under the tree, if not your then 6 yr old son will get up and bust you on the spot :shock: :lol: very true story.

he waited untill Easter to tell us this and well he still plays along with us since then for his younger sister, we asked him to, at least untill she starts asking :lol:

I asked him about the tooth fairy that day to, you know-"watcha think of him"

He said that one is easy-no job where is he getting all the money? little man out thinks me already and he's 11 :roll:

Jim said:
So now the mini rant......

Why do kids want things that manufacturers don't supply enough of?

This year my son wants Bakugan..Anyone heard of these things? RIDICULOUS!
Little plastic magnetic balls that open up into a character when magnetized.
All the stores are empty as usual.

Yeah I know all about them little balls. My boy is really into them. We got lucky one day at a target, they had about 25 of them. I only bought 5, and on the way home I thought to my self "I should have bought them all and went to E-bay". My boy did give up his allowance to bid on one at E-bay, It was rare he tells me. :roll: he got It for 20 bucks. :shock:

i got introduced to them a few weeks ago my wife picked some up for the grand kids ten dollars each she told me the game matt was 20.oo , wait till she says something about the next fishing lure i buy :mrgreen:

I know what you mean Jim....Whatever my kids see on TV and they say they want for Christmas.....I can never find it in the stores anywhere ("Sorry, we don't stock that item")....and sometimes its out of stock online also. What a PITA! Kinda makes sense. Why stock something people would want thats highly advertised?

Latest posts