How's the Flu?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishingBuds

Reaction score
The wife and daughter are sick with fever and sore throat a couple days now, and I ended up coming home today with the stomach crud :sick: . so everyone's sick except our son-and he's no help around the house :lol:

when momma's sick we all suffer :(

my parents are both sick and a few people here at work went home already this week... this is not the time to be getting sick!

Ive been home sick all week It started Sat night got worse on monday 102 fever that broke yesterday. still feel like crap ...
I have to work the weekend so i only burned 2 sickdays...

I rarely get absolutely sick, that's how I have 124 sick days on the books (we get 10 a year at work) :) , and I get a flu shot every year. The few times I have been really bed-ridden is always during the school year! Why is it that parents don't teach their kids to cover their mouth when coughing, nose when sneezing.............or just keep them home when the kid is sick! Ya wanna become ill, work in a school, lol. :shock:

redbug, hope you get to feeling better soon!

Last time I had a flu shot was about 7 years ago and after getting the shot got the flu, than bronkitis(?), severe bronkitis, got dehydrated and ended up in the hospital (twice), had an upper G-I done, ended up getting scoped, and was out of work for 6 weeks, sooooo I havent had a shot since and only caught the common cold. (Knock on wood). I'm not a big believer in the flu shot.

Jim said:
shamoo said:
I'm not a big believer in the flu shot.

Same here!

Me too..... But, just had my first one a few weeks ago based on recommendations from both my primary care dr. and my oncologist.... After 30 years as a cop, never missed more than two days of work in a row - averaged less than one day per year (with 12 paid sick days available). Until I got cancer - then, I was glad to have all the accumulated sick days... it helped a lot, and when I retired, I still had over 120 days available but my maximum number of sick days to cash in was 60. Ha, ha, some of my officers and civilaian staff used up their sick days regularly - one a month.. then had none when they really got sick...... just the new generation's way of using their benefits???????

I'm just getting over a head/chest cold that I have had for 2 weeks.

My wife and kids get flu shots(Swab up the nose). They still get sick. I say why bother?

I haven't had the flu in probably 5 or 6 years.

Ha, ha, some of my officers and civilaian staff used up their sick days regularly - one a month.. then had none when they really got sick...... just the new generation's way of using their benefits???????

yep, I see [younger] teachers do it all the time, just because they "need" a day off. A couple of yrs ago there was a young teacher who had used all of his days up and then his daughter got really sick, whereas he really needed some days. I donated 5 of my days to him. He now saves his days after a hard lesson learned.

saving days would be nice but we dont have that as an option. I used to get 7 days a year the company would gig you on your year end evaluation if you used them. after a few years of that they came out and said that the avg number of days used was 3 so they cut us back to 5 days a year. now we all use all of our days so they dont screw us again
i get the flu shot every year f course this year i was late but it has worked for me the last severa years

Flu shot every year for the past 23 years. Haven't had the flu in longer than that. Wife gets them too (usually). She hasn't gotten hers yet this season because they want to clear up all traces of pneumonia first. The only sick day I took was when my wife was sick with pneumonia.

I give the flu - I do not get it! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Captain Ahab said:
I give the flu - I do not get it! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I use to give out the flu also-----Moo-flu :wink:

Captain Ahab said:
flounderhead59 said:
A regular Typhoid Mary huh?

Try to get image out of your head - I will wear the appropriate clothes :shock:

Family friendly version of Mary, and Dave has been know to dress similar to this when left unsupervised :mrgreen:

Mutant_X_Vol_1_30_page_5_Mary_Menzinis_%28Earth-1298%29.jpg

Captain Ahab said:

You have a child now. When he starts school or day care, you WILL get the flu !!! And everything else that goes through his school. The little buggers are germ magnets !!!!! #-o

Latest posts