Dale Hollow - How Long, Just For Fun

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishingCop

Reaction score
Just for fun, here's what Mapquest says about our trip to Dale Hollow. From Geneva, Illinois (Chicago suburb):

Estimated Time: 8 hours 46 minutes Estimated Distance: 514.35 miles (I can beat this time even towing a boat :lol: )

Go to: https://www.mapquest.com/directions - Enter your starting destination (zip code), and arrival location: Byrdstown, TN, 38549, compute and post your miles/driving time - just for fun :)

3 hours and 45 minutes for me. I can beat that by a bit as well, even towing a boat. I am hoping to make this one. Not sure if I will have to drag dad along or not. I think our school system might have that Friday off, so if I left the house after I got home from school, I could get up there by 8:15, provided I stopped for supper, leaving all of Friday and Saturday to fish, and I would just need to bugout by 3:30 or 4:00 on Sunday evening to get back at a good hour.

Still working out a few details, and am currently unsure as to whether or not I could work this out.

From Phila, PA Total Estimated Time: 12 hours 46 minutes
Total Estimated Distance: 786.18 miles

Directions Start Icon
Location A
Seymour, TN 37865

Directions End Icon
Byrdstown, TN 38549

Total Estimated Time: 2 hours 36 minutes
Total Estimated Distance: 151.44 miles

I used google maps and went door to door

551 mi – about 9 hours 14 mins. I'll say closer to 8 hours for me. Not sure if we'll take the pickup or Trailblazer. For that distance (and hills/mountains) maybe the Silverado would be a better choice for towing the boat.

Mapquest said:
Total Estimated Time: 8 hours 59 minutes
Total Estimated Distance: 519.14 miles

flounderhead59 said:
I used google maps and went door to door

551 mi – about 9 hours 14 mins. I'll say closer to 8 hours for me. Not sure if we'll take the pickup or Trailblazer. For that distance (and hills/mountains) maybe the Silverado would be a better choice for towing the boat.

Mapquest said:
Total Estimated Time: 8 hours 59 minutes
Total Estimated Distance: 519.14 miles

Yeah, Byrdstown is just the nearest town to the resort (rather than door-to-door) - the resort is still a little ways further but I figured for this thread, it was a close enough ending point for most of us traveling a long way..... Plus, ya wanna stop in Byrdstown for groceries before you get in to the resort (unless your packing it all from home).

Jim said:
I have you all beat so far! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Driving directions to Byrdstown, TN
1,020 mi – about 16 hours 47 mins

I'm saying 13 hours tops!

DANG JIM!!! Thats Hardcore!!!

Jim said:
I have you all beat so far! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Driving directions to Byrdstown, TN
1,020 mi – about 16 hours 47 mins

I'm saying 13 hours tops!

I just did the math. You do realize that 13 hours is 78 1/2 MPH... AVERAGE! Not including gas stops and small town speed limits. Be safe.

Just as a note, we went to my grandma's once from just south of Chicago to Leitchfield, KY and averaged about 75 MPH, according to the computer in the truck, pulling the trailer with quads and a couple stops added in. It was not safe and my dad surprised me by driving that fast. About a 420 mile trip.

To Byrdstown, TN from here it would be: 198.2 mi, 3 hr 25 min.

Shadowwalker, we bypass Leitchfield everytime we go to visit family in Radcliff & Louisville. Leitchfield is about 83 miles east of here.

I'll be down there in the middle of March. Not sure if the boat is going or not because they live on Rough River Lake, so it depends a lot on the water level.

For me:

Total Estimated Time: 12 hours 36 minutes
Total Estimated Distance: 768.18 miles

WOW!

I will go but would really like to car pool - anyone from this area going? i can meet up partway

Latest posts