I'm published!!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Popeye

Reaction score
Way back in like 2005, Angela Skinner, wife of Mike Skinner (NASCAR driver) had a recipe competition and I submitted my Spicy Beer-Brined Pork Loin. I just received a Google alert about my name on the internet and went to the provided link. Lo and behold I found my name on the fans recipe index page. Pretty cool.

https://books.google.com/books?id=GSmyo-2UahoC&pg=PT141&lpg=PT141&dq="Frank+Andrekus"&source=bl&ots=kHEkWeJjZd&sig=cxzySsteuNWwGj3waZ4IEeQiI9w&hl=en

SPICY BEER-BRINED PORK LOIN

Ingredients:
3 pounds boneless pork loin
One 12-ounce can preferred beer
½ cup dark corn syrup
½ onion, finely chopped
1/3 cup prepared mustard (yellow stuff)
1/3 cup olive oil
1-2 tablespoons chili powder
2 cloves garlic, minced

Preparation:
Place the pork in a large resealable plastic bag
In a medium mixing bowl stir the rest of the ingredients
Pour marinade over the pork, seal the bag and toss gently to coat the pork
Refrigerate at least 4 hours up to 24 hours

Cooking:
Prepare a grill for indirect cooking at medium – medium high heat
Remove pork from marinade, reserving the marinade for the basting liquid
Place pork on grill and baste every 10 minutes with marinade
Grill for 1 hour or until internal temperature reads 150-155o F
Allow pork to rest for at least 10 minutes before slicing

Way to go Andy..... :)

But, why doe you have to let the port rest after cooking - does the cooking get it all worn out??? :p

Sure, it gets all tuckered out. Actually it is to allow the juices to redistibute through the roast. Helps keep the entire thing juicier.

Sounds good, I love work loin. I actually had two pork loin, swiss, mayo, and horesradish sadwiches on my fishing excursion today, delicious. I am glad you added the resting part. I know alot of people that overlook it, but it is oh so important. I will have to try out your recipe =P~

flounderhead59 said:
Sure, it gets all tuckered out. Actually it is to allow the juices to redistibute through the roast. Helps keep the entire thing juicier.

I'm sure my wife knew that...but, alas, I am not a chef - but I can do steaks on the grill :)

Thats cool FH.

My wife sent in an article on our popup facelift to a popup camper mag and got it published. She got a tshirt and anouther copy of that issue. The editor did a little modifing. She ended the article with GOD BLESS AMERICA. It was not published. Kinda tickered her off.

FH, you need to make some of that for the Dale Hollow trip. I'm sure you'll have some Volunteer (as in Tennessee Vols) testers , myself included.

Jim said:
Can you send me a signed copy! :LOL2:

=D> =D>
When I get my own book of recipes published I'll send you a signed copy of that. I didn't even get a free copy of this one. I had to go check the book out from the library.