A date which will live in infamy?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Popeye

Reaction score
Haven't heard much about it in recent years. Does this mean we are not caring or just to busy to reflect? The attack on Pearl Harbor was one of the reasons my father joined the Marines and made him the man that I knew and admired. God Bless those that were there and went to war because of the attack. I for one will always remember. :USA1:

A big honor to the troops. :USA1:..... reminds me.. when i went up to PA for thanksgiving last month, my greatgrandpa gave me 2 WWII helmets. They are from the air raid or something. wat the medics wore i think.

I don't think we have forgotten or don't care, i just think America is more concerned with recent events like 911 and such. Today is definitely "a date that will live in infamy", a day to thank a WWII vet, and a day to reflect on where America would be without their service.

Thank you WWII vets! :USA1: :USA1:

The past few years, Dec. 7th (Pearl Harbor Day) has been proclaimed a day of remembrance by the President. I don't recall receiving the usual proclamation through our work email this week. I've always said it should be a National Holiday and observed the same as other historic holidays, ie., Veteran's Day, MLK, etc, etc.

It will never be forgotten within my family. I talk to my grandson, now only age six about how many sacrificed so much so that we may live as we do. I will continue to teach him these things and things such as the Holocaust to my dying breath and have him promise he will pass it on to his children and grandchildren. I personally give thanks to all who sacrificed. Not only those who gave their lives but those who gave time out of their lives to be in any branch of the military so that I and my family can live our lives in the ways that we do.
Sincere thanks,
Richard

I was just thinking that myself. Some of the calanders we have it isn't marked either. I big thank you to anyone who has or does serve in our armed forces.

I've got 2 calendars here at my desk that say "Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day"... 1 is a Chick-Fil-A calendar and the other is from USAA (insurance for military)

Thanks to all who served, your service will never be overlooked. My great grandpop was a marine in WWII, he has been gone for almost 10 years now, but he was one hell of a man. He taught me to carp and cat fish along with many other great things. The bikini babe calendar at my work has Pearl Harbor Day on it, go figure :shock:

Latest posts