Front Mounted Fishing Rod Holder..

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To hold the rods steady you need 2 clamps on each tube.

Given the current configuration you could maybe take the other piece of the sign, shorten it to the correct length, and weld it to the bottom of the existing frame to create a second cross bar and clamp each of the tubes to that.

Quick and dirty, the red lines are the new piece.

Attachments

• Rod Holder.jpg
    Rod Holder.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 805
What if you went with a U bolt instead of the pipe straps that way you could tighten it more. I did that with removable sides for a trailer and it works out well. Looks sweet though!!

FishingCop said:
Am I missing something? Why do you want to carry your rods on the front of your vehicle instead of inside?

It is really common around here to do this - surf fishermen use rods that range between 9'-15' and almost always carry them on the front or back of the truck

acc_692228500015_anglers.jpg

pins011108036se6ad5.jpg

Captain Ahab said:
FishingCop said:
Am I missing something? Why do you want to carry your rods on the front of your vehicle instead of inside?

It is really common around here to do this - surf fishermen use rods that range between 9'-15' and almost always carry them on the front or back of the truck

acc_692228500015_anglers.jpg

pins011108036se6ad5.jpg

Cool, never saw anything like that around here (Chicago)...

To many low hangin trees round here.I have seen rod racks that mount on top of bed covers and campers covers.People even leave their rods rigged as long as the rig is supported and doesn't sag down against the top.

awesome work I love the free/cheap mods they're the best and makes you feel good for turning trash into treasure