TGIF?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
I have no power since last night with the Ice storms we are having in New England. I did notice the street behind us has lights. I decided to check to see if I could hop onto someones unsecured wireless network so I could work from home today...Voila!

I am sitting in my truck with the laptop plugged into an inverter. :LOL2:

haha - you'd be surprised how long I had free internet from my neighbor... unsecured wireless networking is awesome for people like us!

LOL yea, when you put it that way. I was thinking you are like me and need to browse forums just to be able to swallow your coffee :lol:

Jim,

Do you have power back yet? We were w/o power for about 9 hours this past Fall. My neighbor went out and bought a generator to hook his refrigerator to, and some basic lighting. I've been thinking about getting a generator for awhile now.

The ice storms always worry me, due to losing power from downed-lines.

Oh, my wife gets internet to her laptop even if the router is turned-off. I know the neighbors on one side of me have no computer, and the people who live on the other side of us have been gone for about a month (I think they go south for the winter). What's the range of wireless internet?
headscratch_shrug_smilie.gif

Power back today at 3:30...Exactly 12 hours later according to the flashing clocks. I would throw everything in the fridge on the iced up back deck worst case scenario.

This is the first time I lost power and we have been here for 3+ years. How much for a whole house generator? :D

Jim said:
Power back today at 3:30...Exactly 12 hours later according to the flashing clocks. I would throw everything in the fridge on the iced up back deck worst case scenario.

This is the first time I lost power and we have been here for 3+ years. How much for a whole house generator? :D

Whew, whole house! No idea, but imagine it would be costly! :shock:

Thats pretty wild, yall haveing all that ice. I walked up town during lunch today instead of crashing on the couch. 45 minutes without a jacket and started to work up a sweet. Its going to get into the upper 20's 2night.

Jim said:
How much for a whole house generator? :D

Depends on your power load. and if you want an automatic system that comes on line when power is lost.

something to look at if you're serious

https://www.smps.us/home-generators.html

https://www.electricgeneratorsdirect.com/pickperfectstandby3a.php

Latest posts