Fishing and Moon Phases

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Does the moon phase play a role when fishing? I think so. Countless discussions and my own research (surfing the net) LOL! I can safely assume that it Does play a vital role.

What it boils down to is your probably going to catch the most and biggest fish with the peak of the full moon and the peak of the new moon. 3-4 days before and after the peak, and during that time key in on sun rise, sun set, moon rise and moon set.

Do you belive or not? I planned my annual fishing trip for fathers day weekend and it just so happens that it is the peak of the new moon. I am definately going to fish those 4 periods during each of the 3 days I'm up there to see if it makes a difference.

Here is one article I got this info from, Decide for yourself. https://www.solunar.com/Bucher.htm
https://www.kingsoutdoorworld.com/hunting-guide/deer_activity.htm

What do you guys think?

I saw a post over at another site concerning this and thought I'd address the subject here, then thought that before I do that I'll do a search and see if the topic has been discussed at TinBoats previously.............and found Jim's post! :)

What are your views/ideas on the subject? I believe it does have an effect on the fishing, however, I just basically go fishing when I get the chance.....and the weather is cooperating, lol. :fishing2:

For some species it does! I do not think for bass it makes much difference other then at night (more or less light)

Drum spawn with the moon in the spring - so it really helps

I know it affects the bream spawn, too. I don't follow the moon phases too closely, but I think it can make a difference at times.

i kept track of the moon phase and time of day for best fishing for one year most of the time the table was right for the day time frame was off by an hr at times so i say yes it make a diffrence

Okay, so I know there has to be one, and I know someone here prolly has it book marked (Dave) where can I find one of those lunar/fish activity calanders. I thought one of the outdoors magazines used to publish one. Showed the peak times fish were feeding and moon phases and stuff like that.

Latest posts